FordFusionClub.com banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I meant to match the 2.5 on one side, to the 2.3 on the other. We did this on the old Mazda KL engines when running the JDM ZE square port intake manifold on the oval port DE heads. In order to correct the mismatched ports.
Yeah if plate was 1/2 thick but at 1/8 inch nothing to do to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi 2008Milan
I upgraded engines for the same reasons you posted, and used the info in this post to make it happen. Thanks.
Now I've changed to a 2.5L manifold with a 2.3L throttle Body, on a 2.3L to 2.5L engine swap.
I just posted a new thread "2.3L to 2.5L engine Swap using 2.5L manifold, 2.3L throttle body on 2006 Fusion."
If putting this reply here is inappropriate, feel free to remove it.
Thanks again

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hey guys I'd like to bring you my 2.3L TB to 2.5L intake adapter. From the ones that brought you the original plate that got many up and running when there was nothing else out there at the time. The main thing you guys might like is the PRICE. 50% off what others are charging. I will be selling this kit with all SS hardware for $75 BUT if you bought one of my original plates you can buy for $69 !!!!!!! To your door. I just ran off a dozen before I do the 100 part run. You can contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Just a heads up I got hit by a car on my harley and broke both my leg bones so I have been laid uo for awhile. I got emails from couple people wanting these so out to garage I hobbled and ran off another batch. 8/25/17 If anyone needs one you know how to reach me, [email protected] Thanks Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok guys I just bought a 2008 Milan for cheap with dead 2.3. It ate the oil and they drove it with no/low oil and killed all the bearings in the engine. I wanted the newest cheapest car I could find and the replacement engine had to be cheap also. I did all the research and found out the 2.3 has a bit of problems and the used engines are priced high and they all have 100 plus K on them. The 2010 to 2012 2.5's have a better rep and you can score low mileage ones cheap.
The problem with the 2.5 is it has taller intake ports and matching intake that does not have the charge plates and other sensors on it like the older models like mine have. So like mentioned here you can't use the 10-12 intake. The older intake leaves a gap at top that needs to be sealed. So this is where I machined up the intake adapter plate and gasket. The 2.5 dropped right in with some changes that I will note.
So after a lot of measuring and drawing up blue prints I made my prototype one. Then with this one I can make changes and then make those changes to final adapter. Here is the adapter with Mr Gasket Intake gasket material, gasket that was made at same time.

Here is the adapter on the intake.

Here is the adapter on the head.

Car started and ran mint right off the bat. Was wondering if I should make more of these if people want newer engines in fusions if their 2.3 dies?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts