FordFusionClub.com banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but what is the size difference on the ports on either side vs your adapter plate? The holes look small, but I can't tell if it's my imagination or not.

Also, just an idea since you're able to create things like this.... what do you think about the idea of using the 2.5 manifold and creating an adapter plate for the TB instead?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but what is the size difference on the ports on either side vs your adapter plate? The holes look small, but I can't tell if it's my imagination or not.

Also, just an idea since you're able to create things like this.... what do you think about the idea of using the 2.5 manifold and creating an adapter plate for the TB instead?
The port widths are the same on both engines. It's just the height that is different. The port size in my plate is exact size as 2.3 intake port. I could make a TB adapter plate but I didn't want to leave all the 2.3 charge plate solonoids not hooked up and throwing codes.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am interested in one of these plates. I will need it soon as my engine oil leak is significantly worse. It is up to 2 quarts per week and there are piles of oil all over the place now. I am parking the car until I can get it swapped. I am half tempted to try and replace the rear main seal on this engine, but have been reading all over the place about the failed attempts. That is a lot of labor to throw away. I have found 2.5 engines locally for reasonable prices with less than 100k on them, my 2.3 is over 191,000 miles already. I need to do something before school starts at the beginning of August.

·
Registered
272 Posts
How thick are your adapter plates? Ideally id like to port match in a attempt to correct the issue if possible. But that really depends on how thick the adapter is.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
How thick are your adapter plates? Ideally id like to port match in a attempt to correct the issue if possible. But that really depends on how thick the adapter is.
My plates are 1/8 thick. The plate ports are exact match to 2.3 intake. No need to touch it at all.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I meant to match the 2.5 on one side, to the 2.3 on the other. We did this on the old Mazda KL engines when running the JDM ZE square port intake manifold on the oval port DE heads. In order to correct the mismatched ports.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts