FordFusionClub.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i'm in the process of installing some subs in my Zephyr. I have the stock, non navi Pioneer head unit. I was wondering if anyone has a pinout for that harness? I can't seem to figure out how to open the door panel to splice the wires directly from the speakers, so i think i'm gonna go directly through the harness. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Split which wires? From the back door speakers? If you have a true sub you wouldn't want to do that anyway.

·
Registered
464 Posts
ALLDATA at the library is your best friend. Every wire, every connector, pinned out and labeled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hm, all of the replies got deleted?

anyhow, you wouldn't happen to know which wire is the remote powerup that i would connect to my amp, would you?
Or, is it a possibility to not use my headunit wire, but just hook it up somewhere in my fuse box? Thats what i've heard.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I believe you can use Pin # 5 as that is a remote turn on for the antenna booster. See the attachment below.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could be wrong, but wouldn't that only work when i'm actively using the AM or FM function on my radio?

And what exactly does that wire lead to?

·
Registered
833 Posts
You could also be right, but my guess is that it turns on when the radio turns on. However, everything is more sophisticated these days. It leads to the antenna booster which is located in the right rear "C" pillar

·
Registered
833 Posts
Rear quarter panel....You could but I believe that is hot all the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ah alright. and for that matter, why couldn't i have just hooked up the main power connect from there? why did it have to be direct from the battery? Too little amps?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Pretty much. The remote turn on is just a switch, very little power needed, unlike the amp itself which usually draws quite a bit of power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gotcha, now hypothetically, what would happen if i were to hook the main 12v amp line to a cig lighter?

·
Registered
577 Posts
You might blow the fuse. The small wires from the cigarette lighter may not be able to supply the correct amount of power. I've seen adapters out there to power the amplifier from the cigarette lighter but it is highly recommended to run a dedicated wire with an inline fuse. Its a bit more work but there is plenty of room underneath the trim pieces. It took me about an hour to get everything done, including tapping into the main harness behind the stock stereo.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright, i guess i gotta go out and get a new peice for my socket wrench that fits that oddly sized bolt that holds the battery clamp and pop the battery out for room to work with. Ill tell ya, thats the most inconvenient design feature on this car. Its like they do everything in their power to make the car hard to modify.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently got a fusion that isn’t perfect but for what I paid and high mileage it is an end at all however when I’ve been starting the car and let it run in the cold weather while I’m not driving it I bought an adapter to the front cigarette lighter because the back one didn’t work and at some point while you’re doing that it stopped working can I be safe to assume that the fuse blue and that’s possibly what is wrong with the other one? It seems electronicallyPerfect in terms of operating the vehicle safely but the fan motor wire and a cigarette lighters one out and I need to attach new rear speakers and to top it off I’m trying to put in a back up camera and I need to attach a wire to the reverse and I want to make sure I don’t mess anything up.

·
Super Moderator
5,807 Posts
Hi Rjf and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. It makes it much easier for others to help you if all information/questions and replies are located in one thread. So in the future, please do not double/triple post questions.

We will keep your long post open, the others (including this one), will be locked.

Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.