FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford today announced the official price on the Zephyr. If you were expecting a bargain you may want to take a deep cleansing breath before reading any further.

The base price of the 2006 Lincoln Zephyr is.....

$29,995

I just about plotzed when I saw that. Either they're planning $5000 rebates right off the bat or they just think people are that stupid. When I first saw the Zephyr concept, I thought I was looking at a $27,000 car, then when I saw the real version I thought it was a $22,000 car. Never in my wildest dreams did I think they would start it just under $30,000. So much for affordable luxury.
Here are some cars that cost less than the Zephyr
Audi A4
Acura TSX
Chrysler 300 Touring
Infiniti G35
Toyota Avalon
You get the idea. The Zephyr is priced way out of its league. In fact it overlaps its stablemate the LS, which starts at $32,000 and has rebates on it.
Before today I was thinking of splurging a little and getting a Zephyr, especially if it was a lightly used demo. I'm not thinking that anymore, end of story.
http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=21021&make_id=trust

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
The LS is an end-of-life car, though.

That does seem high to me, esp with just FWD (not AWD), so it really comes down to the interior - exactly what are they putting inside that thing. Obviously as far as the exterior goes, it'll have nice wheels, HID's, etc. But what on the interior will justify that price point.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Ford/Lincoln is just Dumb to have a 30k FWD wannabe Lux car looking like this. Sorry this car is not worth 30 phat ones. I would buy the Lexus 250 instead with RWD or a 3 Series.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts