FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So youve just bought your Fusion, now what?. God willing, Ill be purchasing a Fusion this Saturday. But then what?, excuse my newbie question, but this will be my first car. Do I buy the insurance, then drive off. Do I drive off, then buy insurance. After I drive off, what to do I do. Where do I go. What do I have to get to make sure I dont have any problems. Im a bit confused.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Lol.......... :lol:

Sorry for the laugh, this was too funny when I read it.

I'm pretty sure you will have to get the insurance squared away before you take the car off the lot. I'm not sure if this is the case everywhere, but most dealerships require the car to be insured before you can take posession of it.

As far as where to go......The sky is the limit!!! (as long as you got insurance)

P.S. Don't feel bad about your question. This is my first new car and I didn't know the answer to this prior to my purchase either.

Enjoy your ride! :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, thanks for going easy on me. I kindve figured insurance would be a must before driving it off the lot. What Im a bit confused about is afterward. Do I drive straight to get it inspected and get a licence plate. I dont know... :?

·
Registered
135 Posts
No need for and inspesction since it's a new car.

You will have temporary tags for a couple weeks until you hard tags come. The dealer will take care of that.

After you take posession and drive off the lot, all you need to do is figure out what you're going to purchase for your new car. (Tint, Rims, X-cal2, etc) :cool:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I don't know your financial situation, but before you get any accessories for your car, make sure you have enough money left over to pay your new bills: car note and insurance.

·
Registered
910 Posts
First of all congrats! Once you've taken care of all the legal stuff and insuring just drive it! And mods but make sure you can afford them as ceace points out. I'm having to space my mods out over time so I can make my payments and pay insurance.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Oh, especially if you have a family, budgeting is neccessary. I work to support my wife and two kids. My Fusion is the first car I bought off of a "real car lot" instead of one of those little privately owned "We Finance" car lots, so I was really excited to finally be able to get financed for an up to date vehicle with my credit. I bought the car on a Saturday, so my insurance provider was closed. They had to go online to find another insurance provider. Unfortunately, they couldn't find one, so I had to leave the car there. It felt bad having to leave my new toy at the toy store. :lol: But they found one the next day on Sunday. They called me and asked if I wanted to come back and pick it up. "Hell yeah!!" So insurance is a must. I got it home, scraped that "06 Nice Ride" off the windshield, and washed it, and of course I had to go show it off. :csweeney: Of course I was excited about getting mods, especially chrome rims. However, I had to wait a whole month before I could get my tag, even though it didn't cost but $265 (tags are cheap in my county), because unexpected bills caught me. Right now I am getting small things (shark fin antenna, tint, custom emblems, etc.) My next purchase is a lip spoiler. But when I get ahead in finances, then comes the rims, double din DVD/CD player, CAI, body kit (maybe), street scene grill, and other things not on my list yet! Ok, enough about that. Thats basically it. :klavergreg:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts