FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been looking all over the internet and it doesn’t seem that anyone has the answer to this. I’ve done the fitment calculator and it all seems to check out but I’d like a definite answer before purchasing my rims. The bolt pattern matches which is 5x4.5 which equals out to 5x114.3. That matches. I’m sticking with 18-inch rims but am upgrading to a width of 8.5 from 7.5. My offset will be 35 instead of the previous 44. Do you think these will fit? Thank you guys so much! Happy Holidays!

Could you recommend a tire for a 18x8.5 rim?

Current Rim
18x7.5
+44 offset

Aftermarket Rim
18x8.5
+35 offset

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
I’ve been looking all over the internet and it doesn’t seem that anyone has the answer to this. I’ve done the fitment calculator and it all seems to check out but I’d like a definite answer before purchasing my rims. The bolt pattern matches which is 5x4.5 which equals out to 5x114.3. That matches. I’m sticking with 18-inch rims but am upgrading to a width of 8.5 from 7.5. My offset will be 35 instead of the previous 44. Do you think these will fit? Thank you guys so much! Happy Holidays!

Could you recommend a tire for a 18x8.5 rim?

Current Rim
18x7.5
+44 offset

Aftermarket Rim
18x8.5
+35 offset
Hi DFlo. You can use this "Wheel Offset Calculator" to determine the fit of the new wheels versus old wheels: Wheel Offset Calculator | 1010Tires.com Discount Online Tire and Wheel Store
Tires can be a very individual choice, since we all have different needs (dry/wet/snow handling, ride comfort, tread wear, price etc.). Therefore, I would recommend going to The Tire Rack and using their Tire Decision guide to get professional recommendations. https://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/tire_decision_guide.html

A personal recommendation? I have used two full sets of the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on my 2007 Lincoln MKZ (cousin of the Fusion). It is an Ultimate High Performance category, All-Season rated tire. Got ~54,000 miles out of the first set (which replaced my Factory/OEM tires at ~54,000 miles). The second set now has approximately 6,000 miles. Am very happy with the handling, ride, NVH, snow traction etc. Keep in mind, no all-season tire will handle snow like a snow tire, if you live in a cold, snowy climate.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts