FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently work for RadioShack, and they offer a plan to purchase Ford (And many other) vehicles at discounted prices. I dont think Im going new, but can this X-plan be used on ANY Ford vehicle? The one Im looking at is located in the link below. I dont know the exact details of the plan, so thats why I decided to ask on here. Also, do you guys feel the pricing on that Fusion is good?. The guy said he'd knock out 2-3,000 but I dont know, Im a bit weary.

Whoops, Forgot the link! http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7CE-%7CM-_14_%7CD-_7831_%7CN-N%7CR-30%7CI-1%7CP-PRICE+descending%7CQ-descending%7CZ-07306&aff=national&paId=215998734&recnum=23&leadExists=true

And a final question to all you Fusion knowledged individuals out there, what are my odds of getting a good deal? Or a car to begin with?

I am 20, work full-time as an Assistant Manager, I make roughly 1700 - 2300$/mth and my credit score is just shy of 700. The only big dilemma people have told me might not allow me to purchase a car, is I dont have a long credit history. I just recently got a credit card and a credit score, so I dont know. Im going to the dealer on Saturday, but Im not sure if I should be ready for a let down. Ive considered co-signers, but I have no one to co-sign with. I heard offers of "Anyone approved", but what would that be like? Im a bit nervous. Ive waited for a Fusion for so long, and now its on the tip of my fingers but still very far away. Any ideas, thoughts, comments, and opinions are welcomed. :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Ford X-plan is a very good way to go. It is only good for NEW cars, not used, & is up the the Ford dealership as to whether they will honor / accept the X-plan price. X-plan is just over the dealer invoice. This is how I will buy my 07 SEL.
The Fusion you're looking at is very nice, but a little on the hi side, offer them $ 15K, & see what happens. It's not the only 1 out there.
I would NEVER co-sign for anyhting. Go to your main bank & ask them about used car loan acceptance. I always just go thru Ford Motor Credit, very comparable rates & just seems easier all around. You should not have any approval problems.
Good Luck & enjoy :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunetly I tried Ford credit, but they didnt approve me. I havent had a long history of credit, although it is good. So I dont think I have much choice.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I've bought a few on X-plan. It's great. No hassle -- except for trade-in. X-plan is typically around Dealer Invoice price (sometimes less). You still get the rebates or low financing in addition. This is the reason why I continue to buy domestic.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Wait until August when they offer 0% for anyone with a pulse. You can get a left over 07 then for a good price with x-plan and rebates... thats what i did. last august i picked up my 06 for a killer deal and 0% for 72 months.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=neuroticfusion link=topic=72506.msg1279246#msg1279246 date=1174415638]
I currently work for RadioShack, and they offer a plan to purchase Ford (And many other) vehicles at discounted prices. I dont think Im going new, but can this X-plan be used on ANY Ford vehicle? The one Im looking at is located in the link below. I dont know the exact details of the plan, so thats why I decided to ask on here. Also, do you guys feel the pricing on that Fusion is good?. The guy said he'd knock out 2-3,000 but I dont know, Im a bit weary.

Whoops, Forgot the link! http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7CE-%7CM-_14_%7CD-_7831_%7CN-N%7CR-30%7CI-1%7CP-PRICE+descending%7CQ-descending%7CZ-07306&aff=national&paId=215998734&recnum=23&leadExists=true

And a final question to all you Fusion knowledged individuals out there, what are my odds of getting a good deal? Or a car to begin with?

I am 20, work full-time as an Assistant Manager, I make roughly 1700 - 2300$/mth and my credit score is just shy of 700. The only big dilemma people have told me might not allow me to purchase a car, is I dont have a long credit history. I just recently got a credit card and a credit score, so I dont know. Im going to the dealer on Saturday, but Im not sure if I should be ready for a let down. Ive considered co-signers, but I have no one to co-sign with. I heard offers of "Anyone approved", but what would that be like? Im a bit nervous. Ive waited for a Fusion for so long, and now its on the tip of my fingers but still very far away. Any ideas, thoughts, comments, and opinions are welcomed. :lol:
[/quote]

Hi neurotic. :wavey: As others have told you, X-Plan Pricing is only available on new vehicle purchases.

In general, on Ford and Mercury vehicles, the X-Plan price will be slightly below what is commonly called the "Dealer Invoice Price".

In fact, the exact calculation for Ford and Mercury vehicles is: "Dealer Invoice - 0.4% of Invoice + $75 Administration Fee."

You then are also eligible for all Incentives and Rebates that a regular retail customer would receive. All in all, using an X-Plan PIN will get you a great price that is very hard to beat on your own.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have. Good luck! :cheers:

PS - The car they picture in your link does not have "Automatic Climate Control" (as it states in the vehicle description). It has the manual A/C controls. Just thought I would let you know. Check and be sure it really has all of the other features described before you make a decision. My opinion is, it is overpriced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts