FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
To be perfectly honest I would never buy a used R/C car. You are just buying someone else's problems. I work at a hobby shop and have been racing professionally for 5 years. I have seen my fair share of: "I bought this thing of a guy for X amount of money, can you fix it now?" Unless you personally know the person or saw them run it every time you have no idea what it has gone threw or what little gremlins are hiding.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Well you said you worked at a hobby store, i thought you might be able to help...

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I have 2 that I havent used in a few years that I am about to ebay if your interested. They both run great but I just can't seem to get the carb right on my 2.5 I give it gas and it bogs down and stalls. I havent taken it to a shop though to see what I am doing wrong. I have never raced them just backyard stuff. Let me know if your interested and I can dig them out get ya some pictures. If you are not that is cool too I'll just post them on ebay or maybe here first. I have no idea what to even charge. Just let me know and if nothing else Sokool can you help me find a good price to sell them for Ill get pics tonight / tommorrow.

I have a 2.5 Traxxas and another .16 with a megatech engine. the .16 is in pieces right now but runs great just needs put back together. The 2.5 runs awesome (@ idle) jsut havent got the needles set in the carb. right.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
It was when the 2.5 was out for about a year or so I think. (Its been while)

It seems to run really good and then when I hit the gas it kinda jumps like it is gonna go and then stalls out. I know the trans is fine cause when I Idle too high it takes off on its own.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yeah I just know this is gonna be a mistake he is gonna tell me how to fix it and I wont wanna sell it Ill be playing with it all the time again .... :?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yeah i figured it was the HSN should I tighten it all the way and then unscrew 3 full times to start or where should I start?

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
i was readin this thread, and at the bottom it had an ad for NitroRCX.com

try there?

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
[quote author=small town king link=topic=75303.msg1353996#msg1353996 date=1177115658]
i was readin this thread, and at the bottom it had an ad for NitroRCX.com

try there?
[/quote]

RCX is a hobby show.....

http://nitrorc.com/ has the best tuning guide I have found yet. But nothing beats experience. People flip out when they bing there car to get running right and it takes me all of 5 second to start the car listen to the idle adjust the idle and low-speed accordingly rip it up and down the street a few times and adjust the high-speed accordingly then hand them the remote and say, "This any better?" :lol:

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
[quote author=Krystm link=topic=75303.msg1354003#msg1354003 date=1177115861]
Ok dumb question how long is nitro good for?
[/quote]
If stored in a cool dry place prolly a 6 months if it was previously opened. If its a new jug, probably 3 years or more if stored properly. If it was in your garage or shed chuck it after a month. I go threw a case a month so I don't really have to worry about it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts