FordFusionClub.com banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That year would be 88-93 Mustang. Price around $2000 to $2500. Good shape perferbly 5 speed but auto ok. Sold both my vehicles and need one asap. Thanks.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys but not on those sites. I found that these cars are hard to find in good condition which sucks. Probably have to find a stupid camaro or something. lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=ADaughen link=topic=85784.msg1629232#msg1629232 date=1186785396]
www.corral.net/forums
www.mustangforums.com
www.allfordmustangs.com/forums
www.stangnet.com
[/quote]

Wow! Alot of nice stangs in those adds. I think realality is setting in for me that I can't afford a nice one or it's too far away. :( I didn't amagine that these cars are worth so much. Damn it.

Yes Craig I sold the Pathfinder without getting another car first.lol I'm borrowing my mom's van at the moment. I just looked at an 87 Camaro with a 350 crate motor and turbo 350 trans with posi rear end. This car is super clean underneath and new paint job to boot. Interior needs a little work though. Un heard of for the year for $2200. Friend of mine giving me a deal if I get it.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
That's cool man. Good luck with it if you decide to go for it. Then again, don't rush into something if you don't really want it. Search around some more for that 5.0.

Have you checked Uncle Henry's? Or Craigslist or something like that? Uncle Henry's you can pick up at like convenience stores. Its a little book with all kinds of listings, and I'm SURE you could find some Mustangs in there. I think they may even have listings online? You should check that out!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup everywhere. Auto Hunter, Auto Trader, Craigslist Ebay, ect... Ya there's a few I checked out but there rust buckets or the price is too much. I can buy the Camaro and turn around and sell it. It's priced below what the car is worth. I was impressed with seeing no rust underneath when checking it out on a lift. The only thing I don't like about it besides being a camaro it's not fast. lol But being a 350 crate motor there are endless things that I can do to it to make it fast. It would only cost me a fraction of the cost of what I spent on my 3.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Corral.net is probably your best bet though.

Be willing to travel. I paid a good price on a parts car, rented a trailer and sent my dad to Syracuse, NY to pick it up. It cost me ~$300 for gas and trailer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Pffft... I've got a bigger turbo on my lawnmower :lol: Seriously, is there like a cargo ship missing one or something? What is that?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
[quote author=YoungJim link=topic=85784.msg1637650#msg1637650 date=1187062663]
Seriously, is there like a cargo ship missing one or something?
[/quote]

No, but some Semi is missing some power. :lol:

[quote author=YoungJim link=topic=85784.msg1637650#msg1637650 date=1187062663]
What is that?
[/quote]

It is an early 70's 351 block. It is .040 over, with a 3.85" stroker scat crank, which makes it a 396.
I think it's a 86MM turbo. The specifics are still hazy since they did this all hush hush. Word was one of the Camaro Forums was doing one and everyone was worried about spying.

The car went 9.87 @ 137 at Kil Kare the day before they left town. :D I wish I could have been there.

Word is, a little more boost (they were only running 11psi) and some bigger/better tires and they could hit 8s.

Save your pennies, after the episode airs (February) they'll auction both cars off.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya, sorry I forgot to mention I couldn't find a foxbody for my price range in good condition. I got stuck with a super clean 87 camaro. I just bought an Edlebrock 600 carb last night for it. Whoa back to carberators for now. lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=zoom_craigy_zoom link=topic=85784.msg1639974#msg1639974 date=1187136955]
Hahaha! And the modding begins....

You'll be a frequenter of Jeg's and JC Whitney now huh? Or perhaps YearOne?
[/quote]

Yup Jegs and Summit. I just bought a carb from Jegs.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
[quote author=ADaughen link=topic=85784.msg1637495#msg1637495 date=1187059382]
My local mustang group is going to be selling their winning Pinks entry... It's not a daily driver though. ;)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb39/sbzpinks/011.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb39/sbzpinks/003.jpg

It's quick. Did a 9.x on low boost. Only had a 7 runs on pinks and about 2 prior to that.

It'll be going up on Ebay, along with the Camaro they brought home to help the widow and daughter of our forum owner.
[/quote]

that turbo is HUGE!!!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
[quote author=scorcher link=topic=85784.msg1638233#msg1638233 date=1187090211]Whoa back to carberators for now. lol
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with carbed.

And yeah, that turbo is pretty big at 86mm.

Another buddy down here is running a 106mm on his Vette. It did 8s passes with the previous owner/driver. Last I heard, my buddy was still working up to making a full run.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.