FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the talk about engines for the fusion I remember that Volvo makes a 300HP twin turbo 2.5l i5 for their s60 and thought that that would make a great engine for a AWD 6 speed manual Fusion! What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Sounds awesome. But isn't that engine based on a rwd setup? I just remember the engine bay being long on the s60.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the engine is a transversely mounted I5. My(I hate to say this) grandma has a s60 with the 208hp single turbo, I've had that thing up to 130MPH easy so I could only imagine how good the 300hp version would do. Her's just FWD.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
The cost of doing a swap like that would be crazy. You would be better off building your 2.3 and boosting it. A 4.6 mod motor would be fun to.

·
Registered
596 Posts
indeed... the 300hp S60-R is one bad ass machine! It is definitely on my wish list.
:boink:

·
Registered
313 Posts
The Volvo S40/V50 also have the transverse five. Euro Focuses too.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The reason why Volvo didn't use the CD338 to save costs, as well as use a slightly superior chassis to the C1 based EUCD platform, was due to the i5 being a serious pain to fit. I didn't want to say anything, as I love ambitious people. Sometimes what Ford says wont work, someone else can figure out and make work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts