FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got an 08 SE w/moon&tune....
there is no light in the back...
Any suggestions on a way to add light... My girls are 2 & 6.... sometimes a little light in the back is good.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Re: would like more light in the rear for my girls

My sel has an interior light w/map lights in the back (just like the front).I've also got the moon & tune package. I didn't realize it at the time, but maybe it's only on the sel's. Shouldn't be that hard to install, you'd just take down the headliner and run wires from your front interior light to the "new" light (I think). Good luck!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

[quote author=kevjur link=topic=92346.msg1797422#msg1797422 date=1192979726]
My sel has an interior light w/map lights in the back (just like the front).I've also got the moon & tune package. I didn't realize it at the time, but maybe it's only on the sel's. Shouldn't be that hard to install, you'd just take down the headliner and run wires from your front interior light to the "new" light (I think). Good luck!
[/quote]

do you think you could take a picture of it...
curious about placement...

thanks for the response.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts

Sorry about the crappy pictures. If you want, I can take some in the daylight. P.S. The doors were open when these pics were taken (obviously). I didn't click on the map/reading lights on either side of the dome light, as you can see.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[quote author=kevjur link=topic=92346.msg1804471#msg1804471 date=1193196729]

Sorry about the crappy pictures. If you want, I can take some in the daylight. P.S. The doors were open when these pics were taken (obviously). I didn't click on the map/reading lights on either side of the dome light, as you can see.
[/quote]

Great
Thanks for the shots... Now it looks like I either need to find on from Ford or a Salvage Yard...

·
Registered
126 Posts

Hmm, I have a 2006 SEL with moonroof and to my knowledge, I don't have those lights in the back :(

Maybe it was for 2007+?

·
Registered
91 Posts

[quote author=kevjur link=topic=92346.msg1804471#msg1804471 date=1193196729]

[/quote]i too have those lights.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts

[quote author=Coppermine33 link=topic=92346.msg1804980#msg1804980 date=1193231844]
Hmm, I have a 2006 SEL with moonroof and to my knowledge, I don't have those lights in the back :(

Maybe it was for 2007+?
[/quote]Mine was built 02/07.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

They make killer reading lights! Cheap also, see your local book store ;)

:klavergreg:

·
Registered
840 Posts

yeah, i have an sel fully loaded (minus leather) and i dont have those :/ i have an 06' and got it in november of 05.

·
Registered
55 Posts

By base '06 Milan has the same light assembly in the rear, so it is likely standard on all Milans. Very nice for my 6-year old. If you are searching for one in a salvage yard keep your eyes open for Milans as well.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

V-Star - sounds like yours should have those lights on the back. If you don't, I'd take it back to the dealership and bitch at them until they do it. Print out KevJur's pictures and take 'em with you.

·
Registered
371 Posts

I too have an SE and they don't come with the lighting in the back, just the SEL's do, even though VStar ordered the ambiant lighting, the lights in the back is an SEL upgrade not part of the ambiant lighting package.

·
Registered
367 Posts

[quote author=Fusion4u link=topic=92346.msg1811737#msg1811737 date=1193415739]
I too have an SE and they don't come with the lighting in the back, just the SEL's do, even though VStar ordered the ambiant lighting, the lights in the back is an SEL upgrade not part of the ambiant lighting package.
[/quote]

I think Fusion4u has it right - - rear dome lamp with moon roof on SEL's only. My new '08 SEL has it. Here is another pic showing the reading lamps on:

·
Registered
22 Posts

Really weird - I have an 07 SEL with moonroof and I DO NOT have those light in the back

·
Registered
2,813 Posts

[quote author=Darin link=topic=92346.msg1835972#msg1835972 date=1194382201]
Really weird - I have an 07 SEL with moonroof and I DO NOT have those light in the back
[/quote]When was your's built, mine was 02/07 ?

·
Registered
331 Posts

Early production '07 didn't have the rear lamp.

vstarbob: From the wiring schematic I have it appears that the wiring is there for the Lamp assembly even if you don't have the lamp. The only way to find out is to lower the headliner. Also if the wiring is there you would still have to modify the headliner to install the lamp.

·
Registered
22 Posts

[quote author=kevjur link=topic=92346.msg1836802#msg1836802 date=1194402456]
[quote author=Darin link=topic=92346.msg1835972#msg1835972 date=1194382201]
[/quote]When was your's built, mine was 02/07 ?
[/quote]

Where to look for "birth date"?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=92346.msg1840003#msg1840003 date=1194501718]
Early production '07 didn't have the rear lamp.

vstarbob: From the wiring schematic I have it appears that the wiring is there for the Lamp assembly even if you don't have the lamp. The only way to find out is to lower the headliner. Also if the wiring is there you would still have to modify the headliner to install the lamp.
[/quote]

cool info thanks....
I'll have to look into the wiring being there...
Where did you find the schematics? Just curious.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts