FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around last week heading to the grocery store my car just sounded like something broke n fell out the bottom started leaking and immediately stopped luckily I was in my neighborhood and not on the highway or road no lights on indicating any issues it’s been at the shop since last week I’ve had the 2017 Ford Fusion for about 2 years lower then 70k miles
now they are sayin maybe the engine they don’t know yet which the warranty department called me and said well the warranty started when that Ford location got the car not when you purchased the car also when I check when warranty starts it says 2017 so I’m guessing they where the first to have the car spoke with warranty department I’m frustrated so my voice may have been a little loud but agent really was loud told me well we are not helping you at all with any finances even if that is true so many ppl are struggling now as is with what’s going on why would you say that. I do see it’s recalls on 2017 Ford Fusion with the torgue converter which is exactly all the symptoms my car has but since it isn’t listed my vin says no recalls

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
Around last week heading to the grocery store my car just sounded like something broke n fell out the bottom started leaking and immediately stopped luckily I was in my neighborhood and not on the highway or road no lights on indicating any issues it’s been at the shop since last week I’ve had the 2017 Ford Fusion for about 2 years lower then 70k miles
now they are sayin maybe the engine they don’t know yet which the warranty department called me and said well the warranty started when that Ford location got the car not when you purchased the car also when I check when warranty starts it says 2017 so I’m guessing they where the first to have the car spoke with warranty department I’m frustrated so my voice may have been a little loud but agent really was loud told me well we are not helping you at all with any finances even if that is true so many ppl are struggling now as is with what’s going on why would you say that. I do see it’s recalls on 2017 Ford Fusion with the torgue converter which is exactly all the symptoms my car has but since it isn’t listed my vin says no recalls
Hi Jayh. Welcome to the Ford Fusion Club and sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your Fusion.

Several things to mention: First, the 3 year/36,000 mile New Vehicle Bumper to Bumper and 5 year/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranties both begin on the day the vehicle is sold to the first/original owner, not "...when that Ford location got the car...".

Second...it would be much easier to read and understand what you wrote if you would go back and edit it to include some punctuation, instead of it being one long wall of words with no paragraphs or punctuation breaks.

Third...and on a related note to #2...Are you just venting, or did you have a question/questions? We are more than happy to help, but it makes it much easier to help if there are actual questions asked.
If you are only venting, that is okay too. But it helps to know.

We can tell you this: If your Fusion has ~70,000 miles, it is outside both the New Vehicle and Powertrain Warranties. Ford will sometimes offer additional, out of warranty help for vehicles that are not too far out of warranty. This is done on a case by case basis. Asking to have your concerns bumped up to the next level, and speaking nicely to whoever you deal with, is usually helpful too.

Get back to us with more information and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For #1 I didn’t mean to put location it must of been automated by the iPhone I’m sure you know it does that if your familiar
For #2 regardless of how it was written you got the full understanding as you replied to everything
For #3 they are still confused after 3 different mechanics looked at the car as to what’s wrong with it when I do find out I shall replay

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
For #1 I didn’t mean to put location it must of been automated by the iPhone I’m sure you know it does that if your familiar
For #2 regardless of how it was written you got the full understanding as you replied to everything
For #3 they are still confused after 3 different mechanics looked at the car as to what’s wrong with it when I do find out I shall replay
Hi Jayh. If you would like members here at the Ford Fusion Club to help you, please pay attention when they are politely trying to help you. It is not "regardless of how it is written". Your post was difficult to understand. Take it from the person who read it several times, still had to guess what you were saying, and yet is still trying to help...politely.
I am not being the Internet grammar police, complaining about spelling etc. I am simply pointing out that without some sort of punctuation/periods/commas etc, a wall of words is difficult to decipher. You understand it because you wrote it. We have to guess.

If a post is hard to understand, many/most people just won't bother trying to help. So we can now move on from that subject.

And I am not even sure what/why you are now talking about the word "location" or what an iPhone does. That was not the issue. However, if you are looking for advice, it does not matter at this point.

The point is, the 3 year/36,000 mile New Vehicle Bumper to Bumper and 5 year/60,000 mile Powertrain Warranties both begin on the day the vehicle is sold to the first/original owner, not what you said the Dealer told you, "...when that Ford location got the car...". That information you were given was wrong.

The warranty begins on the "in-service date". That is the date the first owner/buyer purchased the vehicle. If you ask the Service Department, they can tell you what the "in-service date" was. Even though your vehicle seems to be out of warranty anyway (unless you purchased an extended warranty), that can be helpful information for an owner to have.

Keep us updated and good luck.

·
Registered
2012 SEL 2.5
226 Posts
WHAT fell out What was leaking and from where

1 - 5 of 5 Posts