FordFusionClub.com banner

Worse than Throttle Lag - Stuck Throttle!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ceiph 
#1 ·
After 4 months and over 4000 miles I've experienced my first problem with my Fusion.  I have an I4 manual 5 speed.  Driving to work this morning, I stopped at the post office after about 7 miles of driving, so the car was fully warnmed up at that time.   After mailing a letter, I got back into my car, restarted it and manuevered from the parking lot onto the street and began to accelerate normally.   

When I depressed the clutch and lifted the gas to shift into second,  the revs increased to something like 3500 rpm.  My reaction was to tap the throttle (trained reaction from the old mechanical linkage/choke days) but that did nothing to slow it down.   I shifted into second and I could feel it pull pretty good without me touching the throttle.   It accelerated and so I shifted into third (with the rpms revving to over 3500 again when I depressed the clutch).   I approached a stop light so after braking I turned the key off.   After a few seconds I re-started.   

All was normal the rest of my morning ride, my short ride at noontime for lunch and my 17 mile ride home.

So, this really bugs me.   One of the big scare failure modes of a fly-by-wire design is a stuck accelerator.   Has anyone else experienced  anything like this or heard of it happening?    How about a Tech bulletin?   Any ideas what to do?   I don't want to be crashing into the rear of another car to stop.   Yikes I'm spooked.

HELP!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.