FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I like the chrome strip. But I agree with ming.... If your are blacking out everyhing else it would look better black

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the plan. Ditch all the chrome, install Eibach springs, and a set of 18" wheels. Maybe add a small lip spoiler to the trunk. Kinda like what an SVT Fusion would look like if they decided to build one.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a black SE with all the badging removed and windows tinted. I HATE the chrome in this car. I can't wait for aftermarket brake lights to come out.

I think it looks slicker without the chrome on black. I don't mind the chrome so much on other color fusions.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have a black se and I love the chrome! I wouldn't want to put anymore chrome on the car than what a sel comes with though. But I aslo like how the trunk lid is without the chrome. I just recieved my chrome fog light inserts 2 days ago. can't wait to put them in.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Looks like you took my tag off of the se and took a picture of it. Where did you see me at?

just kidding :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=ming321 link=topic=51939.msg834623#msg834623 date=1153401157]
monochromatic cars looks sweet- especially in black.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I keep seeing black Maximas, Acura TLs, and Lexus IS350s. I really like the way they look, and none on them have any chrome except the emblems. I probably would have just bought one of those three if they weren't $10k more than the Fusion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Redfire Metallic SEL and prefer the body color trunk trim.  Would anyone be interested in trading my chrome trim for their Redfire Metallic?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'll throw in a vote for the black strip, even thought I have an SEL with chrome. Never cared much for the horizontal chrome highlights that Ford puts on the rear ends of some of their cars.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thats really odd. My Silver SE V6 came with a chrome trunk strip....Are you saying that this strip is only on SEL's?

·
Registered
54 Posts
With or without the chrome. That is one darn shinny car. Great job my fellow fusion driver. Details on how and what product please

·
Registered
477 Posts
[quote author=Tardis98 link=topic=51939.msg948241#msg948241 date=1158121562]
Thats really odd. My Silver SE V6 came with a chrome trunk strip....Are you saying that this strip is only on SEL's?
[/quote]

NEVER seen a se with chrome. I believe it is only on the sels

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=Freddy link=topic=51939.msg958108#msg958108 date=1158522325]
With or without the chrome.  That is one darn shinny car.  Great job my fellow fusion driver.  Details on how and what product please
[/quote]

Thanks. That was not long after it's first detail using Zaino products. The Zaino really makes the black shine.

I'm in the middle of detailing it again, but using Meguiars products this time to see how they compare. I'll post some pics of it when it's done.

·
Registered
158 Posts
How does that attach anyway? Is it glued on or are there screws inside the trunk? I haven't looked under the sound insulation inside my trunk to see if there are screws or bolts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts