FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just bought a used 2011 Fusion SEL and the previous owner did a LOT of modifications to it. When I got the car, I had to rewire the radio and speakers to get them working again.

There is one wire, however, that I cannot figure out what it does. It is a blue wire with a red stripe. It runs along the center console (underneath the cup holders). The previous owner had cut this wire and ran it back up behind the radio. For what reason, I have no idea. It was disconnected when I pulled out the radio.

Does anyone have any idea what that wire is for? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Would it actually be a BU-OG wire (22ga)?
If so it connects between the APIM and the right hand side steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it actually be a BU-OG wire (22ga)?
If so it connects between the APIM and the right hand side steering wheel controls.
I will have to take a look at it again, but I am pretty sure it was blue/red, not blue/orange. I will post some pictures when I get a chance. (Am I allowed to?)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will have to take a look at it again, but I am pretty sure it was blue/red, not blue/orange. I will post some pictures when I get a chance. (Am I allowed to?)
Sounds like the previous owner had an aftermarket HU, as I am installing one and using the idatalink Maestro RR to integrate with sync and the instructions have you cut that wire and run it back up to the Maestro. The instructions called it SWI2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts