FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking-up 07 Fusion SE V6 today.

Next stop tire shop.

What is the best winter tire to buy? (I live in Canada)

ff

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've heard good things about Michelin's snow track, and ice track. I'm not sure if I'm naming them quite correctly, but I do remember that the "ICE" tire was more expensive but was better at stopping sooner.

Where abouts are you located?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm located in Halifax.

I had wanted the Dunlop Graspic D1 because friends of mine in snowy New Brunswick claimed they are the best combination snow ice tire. Turns out they don't make 205/60R16 though in the Graspic. I have had Michelin X-Ice on a couple of vehicles. They are good on ice, not great in snow and they wearout quickly.

I took a look at the Goodyear Ultra Grip 7 today (brand new design). It is a directional tire with a very impressive looking tread design. I am booked in on Monday for installation. I'm not sure how much they cost. The leasing company pays the cost.

FF

I have 6500km on the new Goodyear Ultragrip 7 winter/ice tires. So far so good. The tread pattern is like a water tire. (hydro edge) Pitty help anyone who gets behind me on a wet road. The water flys off these tires. We haven't had enough snow to give them a good snow driving test yet.

FF : Latest Tire update. The Goodyear Ultragrip 7 winter/ice tires are wearing unevenly. They are scalping. I had the dealer check the alignment it is OK. Goodyear is going to replace the tires with Ultragrip 3's. The same tire used by the RCMP. I hope this corrects the problem.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love my Michelin X-Ice, grip all the way in snow. Not too bad on ice either, and they're nott too expensive. I paid $96 each mounted and balanced. They hold up good on dry pavement too, don't wear out too quickly.

·
Registered
288 Posts
[quote author=ff link=topic=64276.msg1103349#msg1103349 date=1165633673]
I'm located in Halifax.

FF
[/quote]
Great to hear...beautiful country out there... I had a chance a few years back to go out there for All-Canadians Softball tourney. Moncton was nice, Halifax was gorgeous!

Good luck at picking out those snow tires, let us know what you decide on, and better yet still, let us know in the spring how you made out this winter with them.

Hoist a Keith's and enjoy that Fusion!  (just not at the same time, eh?   8) )

...and tell your friend to hoist a Moosehead !

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.