FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads Up Fusion Fans!

FF : Latest Tire update. The Goodyear Ultragrip 7 winter/ice tires are wearing unevenly at 12,000km. They are scalping. I had the Goodyear dealer check the alignment it is OK. Balance is OK. I have had it back previously for inspection/checks. Goodyear is going to replace the tires with Ultragrip 3's. The same tire used by the RCMP. I hope this corrects the problem.

FF

Yesterday I went to the Goodyear dealer as they had a verbal go ahead from Goodyear. They went ahead and replaced the tires. When they called for approval verification Goodyear would not approve it. They said it was a vehicle suspension issue I would have to go to the dealer. They had to reinstall my old tires. Two hours later I went to the dealer. The dealer said the toe was out of adjustment by a small amount. Another two hours later, no charge for the alignment adjustment but now my tires are ruined. I asked if the alignment was part of the vehicle PDI. They said no. The cars are aligned at the factory in Mexico.

This same thing happened to a friend of mine with his 06. He only got 17,000 km out of his factory Continental tires. They were all scalped. Ford should make sure they do a better job aligning these cars. Otherwise customers like me and my friend end up with time down and big tire bills.

If you are the owner of a new Fusion I would advise you to check your tire wear and get the dealer to check the alignment while it is covered under the 20,000Km warranty. My car only has 12,000Km on it. I've had it since December 06. I will reinstall my all seasons in April. It looks like I will need new winters for next season. $1,000.00.

FF

·
Registered
817 Posts
That's a real horror story. You were shafted by the Goodyear dealer and by the Ford dealer (mostly). What is a vehicle "PDI?"

·
Registered
135 Posts
[quote author=urnews link=topic=70232.msg1229489#msg1229489 date=1172342515]
That's a real horror story. You were shafted by the Goodyear dealer and by the Ford dealer (mostly). What is a vehicle "PDI?"
[/quote]

Pre-delivery inspection

1 - 3 of 3 Posts