FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keeping an extremely clean car to me is very important, I'M A FREAK ABOUT IT!

The only thing that has really pissed me off, that I can't seem to fix or don't have time for right now is my windshield wipers.

The stock ones were ok for about 3 months, then whenever it rained, and I turned them on, just nothing but screaching!!!
So I replaced those ones with nothing better, but just replacements!

Now these aren't the best either, they leave pressure marks, ice accumulates on them to fast, ugh a pain.

In about a week some rain is finally coming, NO MORE SALT WOO-HOO! So it will get all the salt off the roads, and I can finally get some real results on these wipers. They were terrible before it snowed and iced, and have not been the best in the snow.

SO, I'm looking to get a REALLY good pair of windshield wipers. Money is no longer an obstacle, this is how bad it has pissed me off.

Rain-X has just come out with a new wiper blade, called the Latitude. Looks neat and I want to try it out, but not if its a piece of shit.

Any good wiper blades out there?

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=ming321 link=topic=69642.msg1211623#msg1211623 date=1171636855]
I have ICONS and they work better than any other style I've had in the past. They cost about $40 pair, but should be worth it if you use them often.
[/quote]
Sorry, but no wiper blades are worth $40 a pair in my book.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I apply Rain-X on a regular basis. Don't even need wipers most of the time.

·
Registered
288 Posts
What's the price of the one piece BOSCH?
I think Swoop has them...

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=49928.msg787771#msg787771

The BOSCH frameless blades reminded me of the stock blades on the 500. No metal frame to freeze in the winter and thus create streaks.

I think that's what I'm going to look for when my stock blades wear out.

I also agree with the RAINX. It makes your windshield bead beautifully. I had a little left in December, not enough for the entire windshield, so I applied it to my stock blades after I cleaned them. It did the trick for about a month. You just have to clean your blades more often in the winter, regardless of type, especially with all that grime hitting your car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Um, they are 17.99 for I think 20inches and below. For 20inches and above its like 20.99.

For that price, they better be good. ALSO, if you buy a pair of those Rain-X latitude's over the net, you get that Rain-X package, pretty neat.

·
Registered
288 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=69642.msg1213815#msg1213815 date=1171734331]
For that price, they better be good. ALSO, if you buy a pair of those Rain-X latitude's over the net, you get that Rain-X package, pretty neat.
[/quote]
well what's in the package???

I may think of purchasing through the net, but, I figure DUTY will kill any savings for us north of the border. :(

Has anyone purchased these from the net (in Canada)?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When you buy two blades, you get:

14 Oz. Foaming Glass Cleaner
16 Oz. Window Treatment
Microfiber Towel

All of that free when you buy two latittude blades.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wipers on the Fusion suck and I mean the whole system. They are not fast enough to keep up with really heavy down pours. On a trip to Va. around Fall during the night SC and VA were hit with a pretty bad storm and the wiper system tanks to the point of being to dangerous to keep driving. The rain puddles on the windshield rather then move up towards the roof. So after some research and find that RainX had a tendency to streak making it difficult to see at night (when light hit the windshield) and make wipers shatter. The one product that kept coming up with nothing but happy customers was Aquapel. I haven't been in a really bad storm yet but I have been in small storms with light rain. I can tell a huge difference in the way the water beads and pulls up away from my field of vision.
http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/aquapel/aquapel.jsp they are also on ebay a little cheaper.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
There is another thread on wipers, and I posted in there about larger sizes. I think I am running a 24" on the drivers side and a 21" on the passenger.

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=69642.msg1211048#msg1211048 date=1171594980]
Keeping an extremely clean car to me is very important, I'M A FREAK ABOUT IT!

The only thing that has really pissed me off, that I can't seem to fix or don't have time for right now is my windshield wipers.

The stock ones were ok for about 3 months, then whenever it rained, and I turned them on, just nothing but screaching!!!
So I replaced those ones with nothing better, but just replacements!

Now these aren't the best either, they leave pressure marks, ice accumulates on them to fast, ugh a pain.

In about a week some rain is finally coming, NO MORE SALT WOO-HOO! So it will get all the salt off the roads, and I can finally get some real results on these wipers. They were terrible before it snowed and iced, and have not been the best in the snow.

SO, I'm looking to get a REALLY good pair of windshield wipers. Money is no longer an obstacle, this is how bad it has pissed me off.

Rain-X has just come out with a new wiper blade, called the Latitude. Looks neat and I want to try it out, but not if its a piece of shit.

Any good wiper blades out there?
[/quote]

Hi RymanH24! I like to use the "Motorcraft Premium Wear Indicator" replacement blades on my cars. Have always had great results with them.

If you go to " www.fleet.ford.com " and click on the "National Service Coupons" link, then click on the "special offers" link (in the middle of the paragraph) on the next page, you will get two pages of "Motorcraft Service Specials" coupons. At the bottom of the first page, there is currently a coupon for a pair of the "Motorcraft Premium Wear Indicator" blades for $19.95, including installation.

I use them as replacement blades on all of my cars, and have always been pleased with the performance and price.

As you will see, there are two pages of coupons, for many different service specials I don't know how often the specials change, but I have used the coupons several times over the last two years.

Hope this information is helpful to you and others on the forum. Good luck! :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts