FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I bought my Fusion it was great. Since then I have had a problem with my windshield that isnt getting better at all.

There is a sptt on the windshield, right in my line of sight, that when rainning or wet wont wipe at all. It ooks as though the wiper just passes over that point without touching it. In rain its just plain dangerous.

The wipe it does do almost looks like something is on the windshield and i have tried EVERYHING to clean it... even acetone.

I replaced my wipers 4 times since i bought the car in august thinking that was the problem. I have not tried those Bosh wipers yet without a frame. I dont want to spend $40 only to find out it doesnt help.

The spot looks like what the windshield looks like with really old wipers.

I'm ready to take the thing to the dealerhip and demand they replace my windshield

Somone please help!!!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I haven't had this problem nor have I known someone that did but it does seem that the dealer needs to know about it. It sounds as if you've done everything in your control to try and fix it. Now its their turn.

Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Have you tried cleaning it really well and then applying a couple coats of Rain-X? Works great for me! My car has 32,000 miles and still original wipers work great (we have snow here too).

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'd take it to the dealer and have them solve the problem. It sounds like you have done all you can do at this point.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I may have the same problem. On my car it it start at the bottom of the windshield about 1-2" left of the center (vertically) and cuts just a bit above the middle (horizontally). I also switched my wipers and it seemed Ok for awhile but now has come back.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is there a defect or a low spot in your windshield?

It is hard to believe that all four wipers have had a "frame" issue that prevents them from completely clearing the windshield.

I will say that the frame-less wipers are much better and definitely worth the money. I will only use this style from now on.

·
Registered
833 Posts
With mine it is just a streak. I am thinking of trying a razor scraper incase there is something stuck to the windshield that is not coming off with the regular cleaning. I have even used Bon Ami and that didn't help.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey JD,

Sorry to hear about the really annoying problem. I would suggest trying paint thinner. If the problem still persists, try rubbing alcohol. I would definitely not buy another pair of wiper blades though until the problem is fixed and if nothing works the dealer should replace the windshield under warranty. As you pointed out, it's really dangerous.

Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I actually had this problem with mine - I went to buy replacement wipers and bought a 1" longer wiper for the passenger side - problem solved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts