FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this problem???

Last week the pass. rear window started falling down into the door. I wedged something in to hold it up, as I didn't have time to get into a dealership to get it looked at. Then today the pass front started the same thing. And to top it all off, it started less than a hundred mile out of warranty.

Edit: Also, the windows hardly ever get used (it's a black Fusion in AZ...too hot to roll them down).
Hope there is an easy fix for this...

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=06BlackFusion link=topic=83340.msg1559883#msg1559883 date=1184557886]
Has anyone else had this problem???

Last week the pass. rear window started falling down into the door. I wedged something in to hold it up, as I didn't have time to get into a dealership to get it looked at. Then today the pass front started the same thing. And to top it all off, it started less than a hundred mile out of warranty.

Edit: Also, the windows hardly ever get used (it's a black Fusion in AZ...too hot to roll them down).
Hope there is an easy fix for this...
[/quote]

Hi 06BlackFusion. :wavey: I don't want to ask a stupid question, but you already have more than 36,000 miles on your car? The reason I ask, is I once knew someone who thought their warranty was only for 12,000 miles :bash:!

It sounds as though you possibly have a couple of bad window regulators (think of the regulators as the arms connecting the motors to the windows). Do the motors work at all when you use the switches? If you have the time and skills, you could take off the door panels and take a look.

These are things which can either be fixed at your Ford Dealer, any decent automotive service shop, or on your own (again, according to your skill level).

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=bbf2530 link=topic=83340.msg1559924#msg1559924 date=1184559037]

Hi 06BlackFusion. :wavey: I don't want to ask a stupid question, but you already have more than 36,000 miles on your car? The reason I ask, is I once knew someone who thought their warranty was only for 12,000 miles :bash:!

It sounds as though you possibly have a couple of bad window regulators (think of the regulators as the arms connecting the motors to the windows). Do the motors work at all when you use the switches? If you have the time and skills, you could take off the door panels and take a look.

These are things which can either be fixed at your Ford Dealer, any decent automotive service shop, or on your own (again, according to your skill level).

Good luck. :cheers:

[/quote]

To answer your first question...yes I have over 36,000 :(

I used to work at a GM dealership a few years ago, doing interior trim and interior electric. So I have the skills to look into it, just was wondering if there was a number of others that had this issue. I just found it really odd that both went out so close to one another, when niether has been used hardly at all.

The motor sounds like it's still working, just sounds like the regulator and or a cable broke. I suspect something broke due to the summer heat here in AZ, as they didn't break or stop working during use. Just got in the car and started driving, the next thing I know the window was slowly falling down into the door.

I guess I'll have to take a day off work and look into it.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
443 Posts
If you've been using one dealer consistently for service, past issues, etc then I would take it back to them. I've had a Chrysler dealer slide something in as "warranty service" even though the car was out of warranty. It certainly wouldn't hurt to see if they would work with you on it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Most dealers will give you a AWA (after warranty adjustment) one time especially if you are a good customer. Like having service done there or if you've bought a couple of vehicles from them. It probably wouldn't hurt to try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts