FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

i got my new Fusion a few weeks ago and had my windows proffessionally tinted soon after. I just noticed today however that my driver side passenger window won't go down. I checked the seals on the inside and outside and nothign seems to be catching on the glass. Is there something the tinter might have disconnected when he was doing the windows? Or maybe I should just take it into Ford and have them fix it. Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did it work before????? If yes the tinter if not the dealer. How was the job? Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it worked before. Its a dark tint on a black car so it looks pretty sharp. It looks like he had the window seals pulled out to install the tint because they weren't overlapping in the corners the right way. Not to mention he left some kind of black tar-like substance on the post between the big and small window on the rear door. I'll be stopping by the tint place tomorrow on my break and giving them some hell.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Before you give 'em hell...

Before you give 'em hell, just remember that these will be the same people who will be working on your car to try and get everything fixed. Not sure how careful they will be or how good a job they will do for someone who just chewed 'em out. Save the butt-chewing until everything is fixed to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
288 Posts
hell the guy paid for a job to be done... PROPERLY!!! :x

if it ain't done to his satisfaction he has all the right to bitch!

granted if they'll fixing it... one may want to do it in a nice tone.

but regardless seems like they F*@#ed up... make them fix it.

chances are they didn't realize it that they left it that way, and it'll be any easy fix. They need to know that they screwed up, otherwise they won't learn from their mistakes.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
You said: "Drivers side passenger window". What the hell is that? Is that just the drivers side window, or something else? It's late, so gimme a break :)

Also, do you mean the automatic window, because the way I read it, your whole window won't work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that didn't make much sense. lol. I meant rear passenger window on the driver side. So the back driver side window. I dropped the car off at the tint place and he says he probably forgot to plug the power back in or something. I didn't realize he was going to take the whole door panel off to do the windows. That makes me nervous

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The tint shop didn't dis-assemble my doors, or peel back anything. They just tinted the windows, dude. Sorry that you had a crappy experience. Good luck on the fix.

·
Registered
206 Posts
[quote author=tomgilks link=topic=57179.msg958000#msg958000 date=1158517444]
  Hi All,

i got my new Fusion a few weeks ago and had my windows proffessionally tinted soon after. I just noticed today however that my driver side passenger window won't go down. I checked the seals on the inside and outside and nothign seems to be catching on the glass. Is there something the tinter might have disconnected when he was doing the windows? Or maybe I should just take it into Ford and have them fix it. Thanks,
       Tom
[/quote]

actually I under stood what window you meant.  but I've never know of a tinter that has taken a window apart to do his job.  I've been haveing windows titned since my 1980 Accord.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sooo,

The tinter said he probably forgot to plug something in when he put the door panel back on. I left the car with him for a few hours and the window works now. I would be wary of tinters who remove the door panel to tint your windows. Neither of the rear door panels feel as though they were put back properly. I'm not taking my car back there again, I'd rather pay a licenced mechanic to make things right than have that hack mess my new car up even more. He even left this tar-like substance on the post between the big and small windows of the back door. The tint also doesn't fully cover one strip on one of the read windows.
The thing that gets me is all I've ever heard are good things about this place. Perhaps I was his first Fusion tint job. Either way, thanks for letting me vent. I'll have to get a spoiler now to distract people from the one poorly tinted window I have! Just have to figure out how to get it by the wife. lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sorry to here about your experience.

In the past I have taken the door panel off when tinting. Some times there are a few inches of window below the seal and I always felt the further the tint went down, the less chance the was of bubbling or getting caught in the seal. I never liked sliding the tint down the window via shims.

The tar-like substance is probably from the plastic liner that is in between the door and door panel. Should come off with goo gone or similar product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts