FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, another newbie question from me..

Has anyone here done their own window tints? Or is it just best to leave it to the professionals.. I saw some $25 tint kits on ebay that are custom fit to the fusion, would be worth trying if they will last.

If anyone has done their own tint, and had success, it would be excellent if they could provide some pointers :)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Well, doing your own tint requires time and patience. I have installed tint four times, on different cars of course, and I do a descent job of it. I had to take it out my Fusion though because I allowed a little dirt to keep the bottom corner from adhesing completely, and over time it began to peel. So, I wanted to do it over. The more you do it, the better you get. You just have to make sure you sqeagey out as much water as possible. I haven't mastered the back window yet because of the curved surface, you have to either install it in strips or heat shrink it to fit. Makes me wonder if those precut tints you are talking about are already heat shrinked or in strips for the back window. I was going to pay $50 for a profesional to do my rear window when I redo it. I only had tint on the side windows. My sugestion would be to practice on a window first without allowing it to completely dry because some tint is a pain to remove. Mine was easy to remove because I left the windows up on a hot day and lifted a corner and very slowly pulled it out. You can search the net for plenty of articles on how to do it. Good luck. :hug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts