FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my SE has been to the dealer three times for the auto-up on the front windows not working. Last time it sat there a week waiting for parts. Didn't really complain since they gave me a 2012 explorer to drive while I was waiting. But now the passenger side is doing it again. Its not really a big deal but it concerns me if there is an electrical gremlin or the body control module is going bad then it could get worse. Anyone else with window issues?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Same here. Both fronts wouldn't go up when I went to pick it up. I did paperwork and screwed around with the Bluetooth and by the time I left the dealership the passanger was working (magic). Took it back in the following Monday and they fixed the drivers side. By Thursday the passenger quit working again (magic wore off I guess). Its going back in this coming Thursday to repair the passenger side now. Won't work with drivers door controls, passenger door controls, or by holding the lock button on the fob. Its not a huge deal to me, so long as it gets fixed and isn't a sign of a larger issue we haven't encountered yet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine will work a few days every time I reset them. Normally it's my driver side. It's easy to reset them just hold the window switch down until the window bottoms out then continue holding it for 3-4 seconds then roll the window up repeating what you just did. It seems to be a common problem.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Really?! Hold on... OK that actually worked. I'm at work right now but I had to go try that. For sure, passanger door window control, drivers door control for passasnger window, and key fob all work for auto up and auto down now. Why the hell are they having me bring it in for service if that's all that needs done. Thanks Spaceghost!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am a diesel mechanic by trade. Lol last time I took mine in I got to speak with the tech that worked ok it. Ask the right questions. I think the issues with the auto up on our windows has something to do with the anti crush safety crap so it will not roll up on someone. All I can think of is that the reset is basically calibrating the sensors associated with the window. Now why they stop working who knows.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Push button all the way down and release. Pull all the way up and release for auto up. There's a midway stopping point that you have to push/pull past.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I did the reset and it worked, for now. I'll update if it needs to be reset again.

Advice: hold down at least 4 seconds if not longer to register the reset.

Hopefully Ford will resolve the issue with a firm reset or controller replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No need to roll the windows down to program. The window switches have two notches, with the window that you want to program already up simply pull up on switch to the first notch and hold until you hear a click noise from window usually 3-4 sec an its done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its back at the dealer for the 4th time. The tech thinks the BCM (Body Control Module) is going bad but Ford won't sign off on replacing it. First they said try the door module so hopefully this time Ford will give in. Its not a big deal to me about the auto up but I'm worried if the BCM is going bad that it might give out all the way and leave me stranded.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mines does it all the time on both passenger side windows. Every time I take it in to the dealer it starts working. They won't look at it without seeing the problem. One time I was driving and the auto up on the rear right window wasn't working. I was literally 2 mins away from the dealer and played with it all the way there, and still didnt work. so then i pulled into the service garage and said "look" to the service tech and guess what? It worked!! 0_o I was pissed because I can never show them when it happens.

·
Registered
171 Posts
the hold up/down for a few seconds on the switch is pretty much universal. i had an 04 jag and every time the battery was disconnected i had to reset them using the above mentioned method. same thing for the sunroof on that car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Man I'm glad I looked at the forum today. I just picked up my new fusion ti and noticed the auto up on the front two windows did not work and when I hit the key fob to put the windows up or down only the back two worked. Saved me a trip two the dealer. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2010 fusion the automatic window driver side has quit working it rolls down a little at a time and I tried the reset thing it didn't work

1 - 15 of 15 Posts