FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Im looking for some used silver wheels as I have sold my chromes and want to try something different. I found some silver 5 stars on ebay with the following specs:

Rim: 17 x 7.5
35mm offset
5 x 4.5 bolt pattern (I know this is right)
Tires: 245/45/r17

Since I know they will bolt on correctly, my question I guess is the offset. I believe it is less than stock (?) so they will stick out more?!? Do you guys think it will matter or look bad/good or what...Hey Thanks a ton as I would like to bid on these asap. 8)

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=mike1967 link=topic=83523.msg1565347#msg1565347 date=1184721570]
Hey all, Im looking for some used silver wheels as I have sold my chromes and want to try something different. I found some silver 5 stars on ebay with the following specs:

Rim: 17 x 7.5
35mm offset
5 x 4.5 bolt pattern (I know this is right)
Tires: 245/45/r17

Since I know they will bolt on correctly, my question I guess is the offset. I believe it is less than stock (?) so they will stick out more?!? Do you guys think it will matter or look bad/good or what...Hey Thanks a ton as I would like to bid on these asap. 8)

[/quote]

Hi Mike. :wavey: How they look is not your only problem. If you put a wider wheel than stock, with a smaller offset than stock, you can wind up putting additional, harmful stress on your suspension. Go to tirerack.com and read their wheel tech articles on "Offset", and other informative subjects.

Don't buy blind off of Ebay. And don't just take the advice of any non-expert (including me) from the Internet. Let's face it, how do you know whether we know what we are talking about? :bash:

Call TireRack or a similar well known tire/wheel supplier for expert advice, and see what their recommendations are.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
619 Posts
The offset will push the wheel out 10mm and the wider tire will be another 10mm closer to the fenders. That doesn't leave a whole lot of room, especially around the top of the rear wheel openings.

As for the extra loads, it's true it won't help, but the Fusion is just a Mazda 6 suspension with the wheels stuck out 15mm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the info. So basically this set up will stick out 20 mm more than my current stock setup right ( 16s w/ 205s). So if an additional 20 mm clears the fender lip hopefully I should be ok but I would like to find out more about any kind of stress to the suspension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts