FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the middle of changing the suspension in my car (Bilstein HD B6 front and read struts and H&R springs) The H&R site claims they drop my car 1.6" in the front and 1.9" in the read. I won't know if this is true or not until I finish installing them but I've been looking at rims and wasn't sure if the 19 (235/35/R19, 8 inch width) I was looking at would rub considering the drop. Or should I stick with 18's? Edit: Forgot to mention its a 2009 Ford fusion V6 SEL AWD

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
I'm in the middle of changing the suspension in my car (Bilstein HD B6 front and read struts and H&R springs) The H&R site claims they drop my car 1.6" in the front and 1.9" in the read. I won't know if this is true or not until I finish installing them but I've been looking at rims and wasn't sure if the 19 (235/35/R19, 8 inch width) I was looking at would rub considering the drop. Or should I stick with 18's? Edit: Forgot to mention its a 2009 Ford fusion V6 SEL AWD
I wouldn't go with the Bilstein B6 HD shocks as my fronts blew after 18 months. Back then, my Sport was lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs. Bilstein B8's or KONI yellow adjustable dampening shocks are recommended. Both shocks are made for lowered cars.

And, you won't have any issues with rubbing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts