FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been done before, kinda hard to search for such a thing.

I bought my Milan after deciding my Wrangler wasn't practical or the best car for my lifestyle. So I was shopping for new, fuel efficient cars (such as Focus, Yaris, etc.). Then I realized I could get a nice, used car for the same price. After researching mid-sized cars, I found the Fusion/Milan to be a great value. I think it's great I could get a 1 year old car w/ leather, sunroof, etc. for the same price as a new econobox.

To find a 4 cylinder/auto Milan, I had to drive 80 miles to Muenster, TX. Very glad I did. Although I wish my wife hadn't vetoed a manual (previous 6 cars have all been manual), but I can't say I'm not enjoying my automatic fuel sipper.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was driving an 04 Sport Trac to work daily, and took a new job requiring me to drive about 80 miles per day. After Hurricane Katrina, I counted up that I was spending over $300.00 a month on gasoline. I started looking at the Focus, Corolla, Civic, etc. Then I saw a Fusion and Milan I-4 on a lot and said "Wow!" It was roomier than the smaller cars, looked sharp, and didn't cost much more than the Focus. It was way cheaper than a Camry or Accord. I could trade the truck and my total loan balance would not change, I would save over $100.00 a month on gas, and I gained a year of warranty coverage. Ended up getting a great deal on a Fusion SE V6, and am still getting much better mileage than the Sport Trac. After 2 years of ownership and 40,000 miles, I still get looks and compliments on the car.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I bought my SEL cause I liked the hell out of 'em. :banana:

·
Registered
910 Posts
bought mine because I liked the way it looked, it was comfy and practical which was the main thing comfort and practicality. Also liked driving it
still pleased!

G

·
I originally was going to get a Volvo C30, but the car I had (a 1996 Toyota Corolla) was starting to have some problems. I was actually saving a percentage of my paycheck towards the C30, but when the major problems began, I thought about the repair payments, and thought, "It's time." The Milan was my second choice, and since it was out already (The C30 was not out just yet), I went to buy it. I'm glad I did too. My Milan is an awesome car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 9 year old Mystique needed a compressor. This was the first time I exclusivly used the internet to shop. I was looking for a Loaded Focus. (Oxymoron) While looking I saw a 9 month old V6 Milan Premier at a Dealer 20 miles away. Spent @$3000 more for a lot more car. My mistake was shopping for milage when I only drive @8000mi/yr. I'm almost retired and now have a new hobby , keeping my Milan detailed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
just out of college, first job lookin to buy my first brand new car, looked at the mazdaspeed 6 but was put off by the cramped size and it was maybe a little too rough clutch was VERY heavy daily commute would have been hell, did alot of research and i loved the look of the fusion, plus i wanted leather, heated seats, sunroof, etc, AWD was a huge plus. I had to order it to get the options/color combo i wanted but it was worth the wait. plus the insurance is much cheaper than the mazda or a mustang would be. The handling with AWD is much much better than the accord and the styling is on another level, it was an easy choice, black/tan SEL V6 AWD everything but NAV.

PS if they come out with an SVT i am first in line. 6spd manual, AWD, 300-350hp. i dream... ford please make it a reality.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=pantherdan link=topic=87875.msg1695091#msg1695091 date=1189125544]
mpg, price, maint record, looks.
[/quote]

Short and sweet :)

Really, the same reasons that I bought mine :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
When I started car shopping I was looking at the new Mustangs. I love the new 'old' look. But when I got in the thing I knew it wasn't going to happen. Minimal back seat and two doors. Just not practical. What killed it was no sunroof. Mustang? Gotta get the convertible, but I don't like rag tops. That's when I started looking at Fusions. Nice car, sharp lines, 4 doors, SUNROOF. Problem was the sunroof option almost always meant the loaded SEL. Selection was very limited and I needed to buy off the lot to get the 0% financing. Enter the Milan. LOTS of Milans with sunroofs in the mid option ranges. And sorry Fusion guys, but I LOVE the Milan grille and tail lights. The Fusion grille was nice but the tail lights suck. I knew I was buying mine as soon as I saw it. :)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I was going to what until I get my degree and get a better paying job next summer before I bought a new car, but I needed to drive 50 miles to work everyday in the summer, and my Contour just wasn't cutting it. The Contour never had functioning air conditioning and the CD player had just broken. So I figure since I'm not taking summer classes and working full time, I can afford a car now.

I was going to get a Mustang because, well, my friend had just got a 2004 Mach 1 and Mustangs have always been my favorite cars. The only thing that stopped me from getting one was the insurance. Since I'm only 21, it would have pretty much been a second car payment. So I got the Fusion on July 12 and love it everyday.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I liked the chrome grill, and at the time no one in the small city where I live had one. I saw the ad campaign on during hockey games on t.v. (who would have guessed, hockey in Canada) then went and took a look at a '06 sel, heard about the awd coming out and bought one. Planned on buying something new and reliable that I wasn't going to put any aftermarket shit on...then I found FFC. P.S. After ordering my car I kind of started to like the Milans, but they aren't available in Canada. So if anyone near the border ever comes up here, you definately won't be seeing one every time you turn your head.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Ranger was pushing 200K miles and needed some attention under the hood. I didn’t want to spend $500 on a motor that I would be ripping out in a few years, so I decided it was time to buy a better riding and more fuel efficient vehicle. I had looked at the Mazda 3 (and liked it) but then considered trading in the truck, too, so then shifted focus to smaller SUVs like the Escape, Equinox, Liberty, etc. I didn’t like any of those options, so I put the new vehicle on the back burner and decided to hang onto the truck. In that time the Fusion came out and I really liked the styling, so I began looking again. The Fusion ended up being the most cost effective mid-size 6-cylinder solution, and also the best looking. I had also considered the G6 (until I drove one, that is… yuck) and 2-3 year old IS300s. I just preferred the lower insurance, better economy, and interior styling of the Fusion over the IS300. Price out the door would have been a wash.

Short version: price and appearance. ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I bought my Milan because my cavalier was a peace of s**t. And It was the only american car I liked the look, drive, feel, style aso of.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I was driving a yellow 03 Ford Focus, and I've been wanting something with more power but still good mpg... I was wanting the Mazda3 or Mazda6 for a very long time, but I found my Black 06 Fusion V6 SE with only 10K miles at a used lot 100 miles from where I lived. I had never considered one before, but it's looks hooked me in quickly! This is a beautiful vehicle!

I did a bit of research, drove out a few times to check it out, and the rest is history! I can't express how much I love this vehicle, it's a dream come true for me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was becoming dissatisfied with the maintenance woes asociated with my '99 Saab 9-5 and has decided to splurge on a new car. I had test driven both the Mazda3 and Mazda6 and had given the former my provisional approval due to its slightly roomier cabin when my indecisive nature compeled me to have a go at this new Fusion I had begun hearing about. I did so at a small dealership in Long Island, NY. I liked its firm yet compliant ride and minimalist/elegant interior; however the Mazda3 had the same attributes in addition to a more exciting interior. I honestly didn't know which way to go until my mother cast a vote for the Fusion. I let her endorsement decide the matter and my 2006 SEL V6 has 11200 miles as of this posting.
I have no regrets because my Ford has been modded in ways that are not possible with
a Mazda.

·
Registered
817 Posts
My wife and I had three cars, owning to the fact that it was not safe for my 87-year-old mother to drive any more. We had a 1997 V6 Ford Thunderbird with 85,000 miles on it and a 2000 I4 Ford Focus station wagon with 91,000 miles on it. Mom's car, on the other hand, was a 2000 Mazda Miata MX-5 I4 convertible with 7,500 (yes!) actual miles on it.

My wife wanted -- and still wants -- a Ford Mustang but we settled for a Fusion. The Milan was a close second. The Fusion (the dealer only had five to choose from) was (is) a 2007 V6 SEL AWD, Oxford white with heated black leather seating, a moon roof and ABS. In fact, it has everything except navigation, which we weren't interested in, satellite radio, which didn't interest us, and no spoiler, which I wish it did have. The MSRP on this vehicle was $27,105, which puts it in Accord and Camry country.

We decided we wanted a four-door sedan this time for practical reasons. I haul Mom around quite a bit. The Fusion had good marks from Consumer Reports and from J.D. Power and Associates. We liked its distinctive styling. The Asian cars have a sameness to them and are mostly Plain Janes.

We really do like this car, for its looks, its superior handling, its creature comforts, its smooth ride. Another big factor was the local Ford, Lincoln, Mercury dealer, Sherwood of Salisbury, Md. I had some previous good experiences with them.

In retrospect, we should have ordered our car rather than take what was on the lot. The V6, six-speed automatic transmission with all-wheel drive is the pits when it comes to all in-city gas mileage. We have averaged a constant 14.8 mpg ever since the car passed the 1,500-mile mark. We bought it on Dec. 4 and it now has 4,600 miles on it. The mileage is not going to improve at this juncture.

The original EPA estimate for this drive train was 19 mpg city and 26 mpg highway. That has since been revised to 17 mpg city/24 mpg highway. To the Fusion's credit, it will deliver the 24 mpg on highway travel. Our daily commute is stop-'n'-go and only a few miles, a real killer when it comes to mileage.

But hey, the car looks good doing it and that is worth something, right?

·
Registered
195 Posts
:D I bought my Fusion after 6 weeks of shopping and driving every car in this class at least 2x. I wanted different, rather than the everyday blah, Accord/Camry. The choice actually came down to a Jetta with Package 2 in automatic or a Fusion SE V6. I then got a coupon in the mail from Ford for 0% financing AND an extra $500 cash back that could be combined with the $500 they were already giving. I was able to step-up to a loaded V6 SEL! It was an easy sale too because I went throught the internet fleet manager. I have to admit this pushed me into the Fusion over the Jetta. I have had the car about 1.5 years and it has about 19,000 miles. Still love this car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts