FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who's tune is the best steeda's or Jusnes? Who has the best support and price?

Also another question about the air silencer delete I've seen the pick and I see it under the hood so all I gotta do is take it off and drive?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I've never tried the Steeda tune, but am more than happy with the 91 torque tune I'm running from Jusnes. If I remember the price is about the same. Can also buy the tuner and cai in a package to save some money.

·
Registered
18 Posts
[quote author=otaku link=topic=92305.msg1796706#msg1796706 date=1192922867]
So who's tune is the best steeda's or Jusnes? Who has the best support and price?

Also another question about the air silencer delete I've seen the pick and I see it under the hood so all I gotta do is take it off and drive?
[/quote]

Well, you might as well try the Steeda and report back how it works. That way I'll know which one to go with. :) Besides, I think Jusnes has been MIA due to the fact that they've been overwhelmed with orders.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Gary98Z link=topic=92305.msg1801196#msg1801196 date=1193106260]
[quote author=otaku link=topic=92305.msg1796706#msg1796706 date=1192922867]

[/quote]

Well, you might as well try the Steeda and report back how it works. That way I'll know which one to go with. :) Besides, I think Jusnes has been MIA due to the fact that they've been overwhelmed with orders.
[/quote]

ya not sure what is up with Jusnes no posts from Bob in a while.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Just thought I'd chime in guys.

We include two tunes with our custom tuners. We include an 87 and 93 tune. We feel that having two tunes makes more sense. Since 99% of the people out there use the 87 or 93 anyways.

Our tunes are very impressive. On the 2.3L alone we saw a 10% increase in torque on the low end where it counts. That a huge difference that you'll definitely notice. We also adjust other aspects of the tunes, including shift points to give you Auto guys better shift response. (Yes, we have 2.3L tunes now) ;)
Also, Steeda's support is second to none. We are here for you guys and we back up everything we put out.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=larryinfl link=topic=92305.msg1801875#msg1801875 date=1193143976]
Just thought I'd chime in guys.

We include two tunes with our custom tuners. We include an 87 and 93 tune. We feel that having two tunes makes more sense. Since 99% of the people out there use the 87 or 93 anyways.

Our tunes are very impressive. On the 2.3L alone we saw a 10% increase in torque on the low end where it counts. That a huge difference that you'll definitely notice. We also adjust other aspects of the tunes, including shift points to give you Auto guys better shift response. (Yes, we have 2.3L tunes now) ;)
Also, Steeda's support is second to none. We are here for you guys and we back up everything we put out.
[/quote]

is there a chance of doing an 89 and 92 tune. that is what we have here in Iowa.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, I know Jusnes is going through a hard time right now, but it's been just about 3 weeks since I paid for my tunes yet I have received nothing from Jusnes. I got an email about a week after the order saying that BamaChips was processing the order, but nothing really after that. I understand that things are probably going on at the Jusnes camp, but I'd really like to know where my tunes are! Larry, I've got the Steeda intake lookin' all pretty in my garage, but it won't go on the car until the tunes are here too since the tunes are supposed to be working with a CAI.

If I had to do it all over again I might have gone with Steeda, but that's not a 100% certainty by far. I am, however, going to be buying some nice Steeda accessories for the Fusion in the not so distant future....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought the Steeda CAI & SCT Tuner with 91 octane. What a freekin difference!
I noticed an instant low end torque difference and all around power increase.
When installing the Steeda CAI, here are some time saver tips for a 2007 3.0 V6

1. Remove the laser film from the heat shield.
2. Line up the holes on the billet to the gasket, heat shield and air guide and attach screws.
3. Make sure the gasket is between the billet and outside heat shield.
According to Steeda, there is no difference between the green and white side of the gasket.
I myself put the green side against the outside of the heat shield.
4. After that is assembled, apply the rubber gasket around the heat shield.
5. Remove the air sensor from the stock air box, be careful not to force. On mine I just push out
the red tab and remove plug and screws.
6. Transfer the air sensor to the Steeda billet, making sure it goes in the same direction for air flow.
7. Here is a time saver. I disconnected the rubber hose from the throttle body and stock air box and
moved it to the left towards the radiator.
8. You then lift the stock air box from the bottom shifting it around and lifting up.
Be patient and don't force it as there are 3 plastic studs on the air box going into 3 rubber holes
on the frame of the car.
9. To make way for the Steeda heat shield, there is a plastic screw holding a wire harniss that I
removed and just pushed back for the Steeda installation
10. Install the Steeda assembly making sure you put the metal stud on the heat shield into the rubber
hole on the bottom, just feel with your fingers it is simple.
11. Reconnect the rubber hose to the throttle body.
12. Squeeze the rubber hose towards the throttle body and reconnect to the Steeda Billet.
13. Attach the air sensor wire and push in red clip.
14. Apply the SCT tuner and if you have any doubts, make sure you do it before Steeda tech support
goes home.
15. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I'm going to be ordering the Xcal3 when I get my taxes back next year. I was going to go with the tunes from Jusnes Modified because I know they customize the tune for each vehicle. Does Steeda do custom tunes? Or are they just generic 87 & 93 performance tunes? What I'm trying to ask is, when you order the tuner from Steeda, are you supposed to provide a mod list so that someone with, for example, Magnaflows and a TB spacer, will get a slightly different tune than someone with just a CAI?

By the time I order my tuner, I will have the CAI and the TB spacer (on order right now). I'm probably not going to get Magnaflows, my car already growls.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
[quote author=11011101 link=topic=92305.msg1806183#msg1806183 date=1193256180]
I'm going to be ordering the Xcal3 when I get my taxes back next year. I was going to go with the tunes from Jusnes Modified because I know they customize the tune for each vehicle. Does Steeda do custom tunes? Or are they just generic 87 & 93 performance tunes? What I'm trying to ask is, when you order the tuner from Steeda, are you supposed to provide a mod list so that someone with, for example, Magnaflows and a TB spacer, will get a slightly different tune than someone with just a CAI?

By the time I order my tuner, I will have the CAI and the TB spacer (on order right now). I'm probably not going to get Magnaflows, my car already growls.
[/quote]When I was first shopping for tunes, Don @ Steeda asked for the mod list, so I'm assuming that they're custom.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Cool, if that's the case, then I'll definitely get the tunes from Steeda. I've only had good experiences with Steeda, so I have no reason not to.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Yes, our tunes ARE custom. Just because we don't make you fill out a large form online doesn't mean they are not custom. Each order is assigned to a Steeda Sales Rep and you are contacted to discuss your tunes. We feel this is more personable.

All of our tunes are developed in house around YOUR Fusion, they are not generic.

;)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=larryinfl link=topic=92305.msg1821889#msg1821889 date=1193840119]
Yes, our tunes ARE custom. Just because we don't make you fill out a large form online doesn't mean they are not custom. Each order is assigned to a Steeda Sales Rep and you are contacted to discuss your tunes. We feel this is more personable.

All of our tunes are developed in house around YOUR Fusion, they are not generic.

;)
[/quote]
i know when i finally get around to getting my tunes i am going with You. Was going to get Jusnes tunes because everyone said they were the best but seeing the issues that are going on there right now i do not trust getting them there now. I know Steeda will stand behind everything. Larry did you find out if you can get me an 89 and 92 tune?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I've been told the 87 & 89 tunes would be the same. So I'll be updating the website shortly to reflect this. You will also get an option during checkout to select 92 or 93 tune. This way you will get two tunes. :)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=larryinfl link=topic=92305.msg1821933#msg1821933 date=1193841463]
I've been told the 87 & 89 tunes would be the same. So I'll be updating the website shortly to reflect this. You will also get an option during checkout to select 92 or 93 tune. This way you will get two tunes. :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the info Larry. Will let you know when i want to order it. I still need to use the 10% off discount sometime. Maybe after i get back from Vegas after i will a ton of cash :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts