1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hilarious - it's not my cup of tea but I think there are a couple of people around here who have done this. Maybe not these EXACT ones, but you know what I mean.

·
Registered
407 Posts
That's awesome!!!! It would make my car faster!!!!

:ughbigok:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Those are the exhaust ports for the brake cooler ducts, right? Makes the car more aero. Yea, that's it. :goodjob: :lmao:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually thought it was where the retractable jets are. I mean, its much easier to get from 'A' to 'B' with jets!! Especially on I-95!

·
Registered
840 Posts
sigh you guys are alll wrong.....

they reduce turbo lag... seriously, do some research.. :klavergreg:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Those fender ports are very popular. They are so popular that I am seeing them on all types of vehicles everyday, which tends to make a product get played very quickly. It looks like a cheap addition that makes your car look like...%!&* A guy works here on campus with a Dodge Ram has four on each side of his hood them one on the center top of the hood! What was he thinking!! As a matter of fact, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2644959 , pictures speak louder than words. Poor Fusion. Nice ride, but those things are an eye sore.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Wow - I had no idea they had a supercharger for the Fusion!! :p

·
Registered
2,022 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Ceace man,

Look at Jaysen's post :)

Although I think it's quite impressive that they received an 11hp gain with a blowdryer that has a custom attachment to an air filter and MAF, I also know what Noble has been able to get out of our Duractec 30!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah, those "vents" look like crap on any car that they don't come stock on. Every time I see them, specifically the oval ones that came on the Buicks, on any car that's not a Buick, I cringe. I would never put those on my car.

On the other hand, if they come stock on the car, they always look good.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Though they technically belong on a Buick, I do like the look...but many sitck-ons just end up looking like crap. I do like the ventiport on the Taurus, though, and would like to adapt those to my Fusion somehow.

BTW: The number of portholes (used to be for ornamentation, then became ambient-air ports) should be equal to the number of cylinders you have. 3 on each side for a v6, 4 for a v8. Technically, if you have a 4-cyl with portholes, you should have 4 on one side and 0 on the other (or two per side if you MUST be symmetric)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Now THAT is fantastic! I wonder if I could make two little side fender ports somewhere, route my exhaust to that, and put some sort of smoke effects on my exhaust, so that I could do that WHEREVER I WENT!!!! :p

·
Registered
44 Posts
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=88837.msg1711128#msg1711128 date=1189684269]
Add this to the mix and you have one fast (yea right) fusion

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...012QQitemZ220149735442QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
[/quote]

What is even funnier is the damn dyno chart. Anyone that has worked or tuned a Honda VTEC motor, knows there is a jump in HP/TQ in the dynochart curves when VTEC is engaged (Small jump and rappid increase in power shown in the charts).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts