FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:x :x

Does anyone keep bumping the trunk release button getting in your Fusion? I am not tall and I still hit it with my knee. Drives me f'in crazy!!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have done this numerous times--both getting in and out of the car. I think it is the biggest ergonomic flaw of the interior. Really annoying!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I don't know how you all are doing it. I've read about this before and I have to actually jam my knee into the dashboard on purpose to even get remotely close to hitting it. I am 6' 4" and I get in and out just fine...?

We should take entry and exit movies.

G

·
If you are hitting your knee. You must find another comfortable position. At first I kept hiting mine to. But now I found my "sweetspot" and I can do everything comfortably and get in and out. AND IM 6'5"! I could probably slide into the car like the Dukes of Hazzard. But I dont want to scratch my paint job lol.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've got short legs...

but because I've got the seat close, I've hit my light switch accidently turning off my fogs several times.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is the worst thing about the Fusion. Everytime I go to turn on the overhead lights, I hit the damn trunk button! That and the blinker switch, way to damn high!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've done it numerous times. I also manage to turn the brights on everytime I get in the car. Has anyone noticed how it takes no effert to pop the hood? I've even popped it open accidentally with my foot exiting the vehicle.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I am 6'2" and I have had no problems with hitting the trunk release. I do agree the turn signal switch is alittle high up. Other than the turn signal no problems here I love the Fusion!!!! :klavergreg:

·
Registered
325 Posts
6'1" and I have never hit the trunk release button.

I guess I am in the minority since I have become quite fond of the position of the turn signal stalk.

·
Registered
230 Posts
LOL!! You must be one of those "Cool" guys who "Lay Down" in the seat as thay drive! :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
6'-2" and never had an issue with the trunk release button. I've also grown very fond of the turn signal stalk... perfect for those who drive with hands at 10 and 2. Every time I drive my Ranger now I have to search for the turn signal stalk.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I did this for the first time the other day. But it wasn't with my knee (i'm only 5'8 ). I had my car remote started early in the mourning while it was still dark. I got inside and put my key in the ignition and turned it to the on position so I can take control. I went to turn on my head lights and......WTF. I guess I came a little short and that good ol' message center said "TRUNK AJAR". :rtfm: It was about 40 degrees outside  so nedless to say......I was PISSED.:mad:

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I first got the car I think I must have released the trunk every other day. Haven't now for a least 3 weeks. As for the turn signal arm. I also thought it was too high. Also used to it. I believe it's high so when you have a longer coat on the coat will not catch the arm getting into the car and breaking it off. Did it once in my Taurus. Would be nice to have the ignition lit up so you can see where you're putting the key. Oh well suppose I'll get used to that also

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I've accidentally hit the trunk pop button on the keyfob a whole bunch of times while I was cranking up the car, but I don't think I've ever hit the actual button inside the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed that my September build date Fusion appears to have a slightly different trunk release button than the other 2007 models I sat in on the dealer lot.  The button is distinctly more deeply set.  Could Ford have known about the issue and revised the switch late in production to improve matters?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts