FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not one who did, but I'd like to know how many people here were sold away from an import. What was the clincher for you? When I was car shopping, the Fusion wasn't even on my list until I looked at one at a dealership.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi RFSEL,

My Integra was stolen last February so I was shopping for a new car and as you know, there is a packed playing field these days. It was basically down to a Mazda 3 or 6 or a Ford Focus or Fusion. The finance rates for Ford are so low they are practically giving the cars away. So I was able to go from a Focus to a Fusion. Whereas if I went for the Mazda I would only get the Mazda 3 as the 6 GT with GFX package would have put me over the budget. After doing some more research and reading articles about the Fusion and finding out that it's basically a Mazda 6 with softer suspention settings, it was a no brainer which car was the right choice. The sytling of the Fusion is awesome, so many people stare at the car and love it and can't believe it's a Ford. A lot of people mention the resale value thing but my personal view is that with the imports, you pay more to begin with so when it comes time to trade the car in, it should be worth more. In terms of reliabilty, if the Mazda 6 and Fusion share the major drivetrain components and get them from the same manufacturer, why would the Ford's parts break sooner or more often than the 6, surely not because the part went to Ford instead of Mazda. Without a doubt, the Mazda is put together much better than the Fusion and owning an import before, it is quite obivous along with the fact that the materials used in the Fusion are cheaper/not as good quality as the Mazda, but that is partially why the price of the car is less too. In the end, the Fusion wins overall hands down. It's too bad the public don't give it more respect and more importantly, don't even give it a chance. The domestics have come a long way, they still have a bit more to go before they are at the fit & finish level of the imports but definitely deserve a consideration.

Happy driving!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Fusion4u, thanks for responding. I was sort of in the same boat as you. I really like the Mazda products but the 6 was too small. The Fusion was a perfect combination of sport, looks, comfort and price. Funny you compare the quality with the imports, when I compare the quality of the Fusion to other domestics, I'm pretty impressed :p

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi RF,

No doubt the Fusion holds it's own against the other domestics, I would even say that the Fusion is ahead of the competition but I might be a bit biased. :lol: In addition, since the Fusion is based on the Mazda 6 it has a solid platform to begin with giving it quite an edge.

Have a great week-end!

·
Registered
514 Posts
[quote author=RedFireSEL link=topic=91175.msg1776483#msg1776483 date=1192211761]
...The Fusion was a perfect combination of sport, looks, comfort and price...
[/quote]That about sums it up, well said Red :bigok:

:cheers:

Gov

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had three Subaru's, an Outback, Forester and Legacy before moving to the dark side.

I got rid of the last outback a 2001 Outback because of a Piston slap problem that Subaru of America turned their back on. It sounded like a diesel on startup but quieted after about 5 miles.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I got rid of the last outback a 2001 Outback because of a Piston slap problem that Subaru of America turned their back on. It sounded like a diesel on startup but quieted after about 5 miles.
Sounds like every car GM has made in the last 15 years!!

I went from a Dodge to a Ford, to another Ford, to another Ford, to this Fusion. You couldn't pay me to drive an import.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.