FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Trying to go with a silver/polished look wheel for my silver frost SE. No chrome. What do you guys think of these?

I can get the HP (top) in an 18" with a 225/40 tire for under a thousand at wheelsnext.com

The bottom one is a Moda R6 which they dont make new anymore but I found a set on craigslist for 1300.00. They are 19s with a 225/35 Pirelli tire. Is that a real harsh riding combo with the 19" and the 35 series tire??? If it is I would rather wait for a 18" Moda rim to pop up and get a 40 or a 45 with it...Hey thanks a lot and

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I like the Moda rims better. Maybe it's because they have a cleaner look to them. I have a five spoke rim and I love them. I dislike the faux rivets in the top rim.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Go with the first, I like the deep lip!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The Moda is a nice clean look. I like that one. The first one look like it belongs on an exotic sports car.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I like the lips on most rims but I don't like all of those little screw holes. They are harder to clean that way.

So I would go with the MODA rims. Maybe find a silver rim like that with a polished lip. I think that would go with the chrome on the car.

Good luck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I'm leaning towards the Moda's. Do you guys think the 35 series tire on the 19" Modas I found would be bad for everyday driving? It looks like its only two inches tall! Hey thanks again

·
Registered
371 Posts
I too like the Moda's. I've seen too many Civic's with the 1st rim. Plus the second one looks classier too, perfect for the Fusion. There are some other members who have 19's and 20's so you can read their reviews and gain more perspective on ride quality.

Please post some pics when you install them

Good luck with the project.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I have 255/35/20. I have no problem with the tire at all. You just have to stay away from pot holes and curbs. As far as everyday driving, it just depends on how far you commute everyday. Keeping your tires balanced and an alignment will definitely prolong your tires' life.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Ya know, the best way to see how a rim will look on your car is to do a crop, cut and paste. If you are computer savy, you can copy and paste and save the pic to your word program or just save the pic itself to your pictures folder then open it up in a photshop program to crop and clean it up. Then open up a pic of your car and, depending on how the program is set up, copy and paste the cleaned up rim onto your car pic and drag it into place. That is what I do. It works great. Those programs on web sites that show you how a rim look on your car are poor in visual quality.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
Hi Mike. :wavey: Definitely like the Moda R6 the best of all the choices. And yes, your ride will be noticeably harsher, plus you will need to watch for potholes, rough roads, etc.

I myself would not get that low a profile tire for everyday driving, but that is just my personal opinion.

Another word of caution: :blah: Be sure the wheel offset and lug nut spacing are correct for your Fusion!

Whatever your choice, good luck! :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts