FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need a little help. I'm planning two buy 1 kit or maybe 2 kit of HID 35W for a Ford Fusion 2006 V6 SEL.
Which will be the best kit out there for the car with the best light output (lumen's). I hear that there is a need for a
module to take out the error message that will provoke the use of the HID set. Is it true? If yes
Which kit will provide the module or have any way to take the message out and work like the normal halogen
bulb in the car. And what about retrofit to the headlight, who can do a retrofit to the headlight? Is it completely
necessary a retrofit, a saw a few pics (http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=50252.0 ,
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=56995.0 , ) and the light output look nice and well balance.

Please can anyone help me. I didn't found a forum subject here about the best HID kit for a Ford Fusion V6 SEL.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I personally have 2 kits installed on my fusion for my low beams and fog lights and im using "GP Thunder" i bought it at hid-lights.com

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=TheRussian link=topic=70319.msg1231680#msg1231680 date=1172444722]
I personally have 2 kits installed on my fusion for my low beams and fog lights and im using "GP Thunder" i bought it at hid-lights.com
[/quote]

Do you have the error message for the headlights?

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=Blackbet link=topic=70319.msg1231769#msg1231769 date=1172447957]
[quote author=TheRussian link=topic=70319.msg1231680#msg1231680 date=1172444722]
[/quote]

Do you have the error message for the headlights?
[/quote]
not ever... I've had the setup done for a year now any everything works flawlessly.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The only HID system that requires a Relay and module are the HID systems that come from factory on BMW, Mercedes, Audi or any other company that puts the HID systems on their vehicle. You will require that if you do a retro-fit. I do recomend to do the retro-fit, it looks really nice and its safe.

But if you dont have the funds for it, then go head and get a kit. Its just a plug n play system. Very easy, it wont mess with your system, your auto lights will still work. No relays are required at all. The best systems out rite now are McCulloch, and Phillips. Just try to stay away from the ebay brands or the one who are cheap and too good to be true.

If you want to browse for pricing go to WWW.XenonPros.com, WWW.XenonKing.com or one of our sponcers on this site. All three companys are really good.

And if you where to choose for your head lights, try to stick with 5000k to 6000k, dont go passed that, remember the higher you go on your K ratings, the less of light out put you get. Dont buy 8000k, 10000k or 12000k or like some cheap brands go up to 30000k. Only do those on your fog lights. But your headlights try to stay as low as you can.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=MidNiteKnight link=topic=70319.msg1241283#msg1241283 date=1172764358]
The only HID system that requires a Relay and module are the HID systems that come from factory on BMW, Mercedes, Audi or any other company that puts the HID systems on their vehicle. You will require that if you do a retro-fit. I do recommend to do the retro-fit, it looks really nice and its safe.

But if you don't have the funds for it, then go head and get a kit. Its just a plug n play system. Very easy, it wont mess with your system, your auto lights will still work. No relays are required at all. The best systems out rite now are McCulloch, and Phillips. Just try to stay away from the ebay brands or the one who are cheap and too good to be true.

If you want to browse for pricing go to WWW.XenonPros.com, WWW.XenonKing.com or one of our sponcers on this site. All three company's are really good.

And if you where to choose for your head lights, try to stick with 5000k to 6000k, don't go passed that, remember the higher you go on your K ratings, the less of light out put you get. Don't buy 8000k, 10000k or 12000k or like some cheap brands go up to 30000k. Only do those on your fog lights. But your headlights try to stay as low as you can.
[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. I plan to buy a 4700k is the one the the whitest and more light output if not the 5000k not max than that. I read that you have a retrofit in a pair of your headlight. Where I can do that? Do you have any pic of a retrofit. If I don't do any retrofit I will just lower the headlights a little.

And I have read of error messages on HID kit.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well you are going with a good K rating set up. But since our headlights only control halogen lights beams, it wont control too good the HID beams. It will be fine, but you will have a sloppy beam pattern going everywhere on the road.

So with the retro fit, you are taking HID reflectors and installing them in your headlights. Most of the are just the little aluminum peace that covers the bulb, but the best way is using the HID projectors into your headlights.

It takes time, money and good craftsman ship.

But if you have the money and dont want to do it your self here is a place where they will do it for you. But you either going to have to send out a new set of headlights of or if you have another car then your good.

And if you are planing to do the retro fit, dont buy the KIT, just save the money and they will have everything you need. Trust me, its worth it and you will love it.

Here is where they will do the retro fit for you.
http://www.illusion-lighting.com/

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=MidNiteKnight link=topic=70319.msg1246357#msg1246357 date=1172943229]
Well you are going with a good K rating set up. But since our headlights only control halogen lights beams, it wont control too good the HID beams. It will be fine, but you will have a sloppy beam pattern going everywhere on the road.

So with the retro fit, you are taking HID reflectors and installing them in your headlights. Most of the are just the little aluminum peace that covers the bulb, but the best way is using the HID projectors into your headlights.

It takes time, money and good craftsman ship.

But if you have the money and dont want to do it your self here is a place where they will do it for you. But you either going to have to send out a new set of headlights of or if you have another car then your good.

And if you are planing to do the retro fit, dont buy the KIT, just save the money and they will have everything you need. Trust me, its worth it and you will love it.

Here is where they will do the retro fit for you.
http://www.illusion-lighting.com/

[/quote]

Hi,
Do you know how much it will cost? And what you mean about not buying a kit?
And do you have the retro-fit done in your headlights?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well the projectors, ballast, light bulb, wiring, relay and labor usually comes out to $900 or if you want the lights modified then it will run around $1050.

When I say modify the lights meaning, you will have a better light spread and a cooler unique light cut off. The cut off will be better then BMW, Mercedez, Audi, Acura or any elite car. You will be breaking necks and you pass by. And everything looks OEM. My buddy had it done on his Mustang. And they did a great job.

What I mean by HID kit is that, our cars didnt come with any type of HID set up from factory. So most after markets out there sell HID Kits which mean they have the ballast, bulbs and a special harness connectors that only specify to your light harness. Thats why they call it a Plug N Play kit.

And yes I have a retro but not what I wanted. I only did the reflector retro fit. I took the aluminum reflector from the Lincoln Navigator which comes with factory HIDs and installed it in mine. Now come to mind that I still have the kit. Which is not the best. I just took that reflector and replaced it. It was an all day job, but it will save my but if the DOT decides to pull me over or just at least to control my beam pattern.

And when you are going to aim your lights, take it to a dealer. and they will re-aim them for you. Trust me its a pain in the but if you do it your self.

·
Registered
6 Posts
IN my research I have discovered the problems most of us encounter during the HID conversions. The cheaper (E-BAY) kits don't work. The error messages are due to the 35w bulb being put in a 55w socket. If you choose the McCollough kits they offer and additional cancelling relay to remove the error messages. That's the only additional part you will need.

·
Registered
143 Posts
[quote author=ghawker link=topic=70319.msg1278561#msg1278561 date=1174401255]
IN my research I have discovered the problems most of us encounter during the HID conversions. The cheaper (E-BAY) kits don't work. The error messages are due to the 35w bulb being put in a 55w socket. If you choose the McCollough kits they offer and additional cancelling relay to remove the error messages. That's the only additional part you will need.
[/quote]

Well its not really the Kit or the watts the the computer is reading. Yes the wattage on hid's are lower but then look at the amps. It will all rely on what kit you do. I run the McCollough myself. And I havent had not bad reading or had to add a special relay. Always remember, "you get what you paid for". Some high end HID products such as Phillips & McCollough make great kits. They dont require nothing special.

Unless you buy their refurbished systems that other hid websites sell it real cheap. All it is orginal worn out McCollough or Phillips Ballast that has been refurb with a no known bulb made in China. Then yea, you will have alot of problems with your computer and light flicker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
[/quote]

Did you receive an error message on the fog lights?

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=ghawker link=topic=70319.msg1286264#msg1286264 date=1174662968]
[/quote]

Did you receive an error message on the fog lights?
[/quote]
Sorry took me so long to respond.... NO, I've NEVER had any error messages or any flickering problems.. NEVER.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts