FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want some of these in 20's but chrome is on back order for several months but I kinda like the sliver to my car is an 06 tungsten gray fusion heres the link to the rims im new to posting so i hope it works I need some help on this dont know if I should wait on chrome or not

here where i will buy them from http://www.custom-wheels-car-rims.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=152587&InfoID=4134&ShowLarge=True

and heres a pic from giovannas website http://www.wtwcorp.com/Giovanna%20Wheels/Giovanna%20Vehicles/Dalar/dalar4.html

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Seventeen freakin hundred dollars for rims?????? Dude, don't get me wrong but that is insanity for car rims that are just going to get chipped up.

They look good, but $1,700???? Wow........ still in shock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats with tires mounted and balanced to and giovannas are a really good brand i didnt think that was to bad myslef i just cant decide what color to get and i want some now but chrome out of stock and im not sure how the sliver will look

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
omg that rim is so hott, I've never seen a Giovanna rim that I've liked until now! (maybe that's because I don't like chrome...) Dude, that rim will look incredible in silver on your car, better than chrome imo. That picture of the mustang with the silver version of the rims should have sealed the deal for you! Besides, chrome is heavier and much more expensive - those rims are pricey enough as it is! I say go for it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks i think im about to order them int he 20 x 8.5 and they copme with 245/35/r20 is that the right size tire I need I already have the steeda springs I just needed some help on the silver color since it wont match my car perfect but I think it should still go together good just wanted to see what everyone thought

·
Registered
148 Posts
Really not my cup of tea, BUT if I had to choose that rim, I would go with the silver instead of the chrome...

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I like them especially the silver. 2 things to keep in mind though:
1. With the little bullet cut outs and rivets, they will be a pain to clean.
2. You will HAVE to do some brake work (rotors, caliper paint etc) the Fusion brakes are gonna look like ass
behind that wheel.
I don't know what it is called, but I like the way the spokes reach outward toward the fender of the car. Kind of Acura, BMWish type of wheel. What is that called by the way? Is called inverted something or another? What the hell am I talking about?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Man, you will never go wrong with chrome, but the cons: extra weight and more expensive. The silver will look good, but chrome sets off any ride of any color. Nothing says "beauty" more than something that shines. :) The Fusion already has the nice chrome trimmings on the body, so chrome would definitely be a better choice, in my opinion, but you have to look at the pros and cons and weigh your options. Good luck. Can't wait until you get them and post pics.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Just got over the shock.

OK, IMO anything in silver or gunmetal to me will look better than chrome. A silver 20 will be heavy - a chrome 20 will be a brick. YOU WILL be able to tell the difference with acceleration.

Although I think the chrome would look good, specifically on that gray color that you have, the silver will also look really sharp.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=90604.msg1753316#msg1753316 date=1191335954]
Just got over the shock.

OK, IMO anything in silver or gunmetal to me will look better than chrome. A silver 20 will be heavy - a chrome 20 will be a brick. YOU WILL be able to tell the difference with acceleration.

Although I think the chrome would look good, specifically on that gray color that you have, the silver will also look really sharp.

[/quote]

...and don't forget to change the headlights, tail lights, grill, and chrome interior trimmings to silver or gun metal also. :lol:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Ceace, if I could do that, I would.

The interior wouldn't be so bad since it's really just the part around the shifter and the door handles...oh, I guess the emergency brake button is also chrome as is the shifter button.

On the 08's the radio knobs are chrome rimmed and I think there are a couple more chrome accents. I actually think the 08 sport package looks good with the darkened finish on the chrome grill. If I could ever get an extra 200 bucks to blow, I'm going to take care of the chrome on the head and taillights.

Then again, I think I'm one of the few that actually doesn't like chrome. I know a few people who would dip their entire car in chrome if it were feasibly possible.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
I'm with you, Mark. However, I think the chrome grill and fog light surrounds look great. The only chrome I'd ditch would be the tails.

I did, however, see a gold (sorry, don't know the actual Ford name for it) Fusion on my way home today with simple (i.e. not overstyled) 20" chromes. Looked great. Would never do it myself (because ride/performance tradeoff), but can't say anything bad about it. I think it all depends on the wheel itself and the color of the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they ended up finding one pair of the chrome ones so I went with them ill get some pics up when they come in

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Ha ha, chrome wins!!!!!!!!!!!! :bananadance: I am sure it will look great, man.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics - let me know when you get the CAI and tunes on the vehicle to overcompensate for your acceleration curve going to sh** as well :lol:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=90604.msg1758893#msg1758893 date=1191522418]
Can't wait to see the pics - let me know when you get the CAI and tunes on the vehicle to overcompensate for your acceleration curve going to sh** as well :lol:
[/quote]
+1
I just don't get it. Why kill HP with such as that. I can't see spending big bucks on a CAI and a tune just to try to get the HP lost due to wheels and tires. Blah, blah, blah---I know the argument: "But it really looks good". The Fusion is down on power as it is--its good but not great. Why take what it does have and make it a lame duck? Its kinda like putting a girdle on a fat woman, looks ok but what have you really got? A fat woman in a girdle! All that bling when in reality it ain't got shit on nothin else.
Rant over :cheers:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Hello guys, it is me again, the chrome lover :lol:, as I have stated time and time again, people like myself don't give a turd about speed, torque, HP, and the sort. We like to look good. As for myself, I am getting a CAI and hopefully tunes so my car can pick up a little bit more to compensate for the loss due to my rims. I don't care that I may be close to stock. I may have to spend $600 or so to get my car above stock hp, but that is worth it since I am turning heads with my $1400 rims. It is like I don't see why people chop up trucks so they can have those big wheels tuck into the fender with air bags. They do it to make the truck look good. I hope to get a Mustang a few years from now to quench my thirst for speed, but I am quenching my thirst to turn heads with my Fusion. Not fussing guys, just speaking on behalf of the chrome lovers. We all have diff. tastes, that is the beauty of this world. I am don preaching, the doors of the church are now open. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well I never had plans on turning it into a race car so I dont care I'm about looks on this one so thats what im goin for and the rims come in next week somtime so when they get it ill put the springs on then

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=splat8503 link=topic=90604.msg1759441#msg1759441 date=1191537028]
well I never had plans on turning it into a race car so I dont care I'm about looks on this one so thats what im goin for and the rims come in next week somtime so when they get it ill put the springs on then
[/quote]
Don't get me wrong man, I think it will look great-I like those wheels a bunch. Even thought about 20's myself--love the look but I can't deal with the power loss nor can I afford to do a bunch of mods to get back to square one. If ya got the money--I say go for it. Can't wait to see the pics! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts