FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Underneath the carpet, near the passenger seats you can lift up the carpet. Their was a pre-drilled hole their so I just found the right screw size and bolted it on to that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your radio has nothing to do with your amp ground wire. You probably need to check your radio fuse. The only thing the ground wire is going to do is turn on your amp.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah sounds like you may have blown a fuse somewhere or got your wires mixed up? Check those two things first and let us know what happens. In fact just recently when I was driving my car I hit a speed bump and my radio stopped working completely I couldnt figure out for the life of me what happened but I had a blown fuse. I took everything apart to look at my wiring and see if anything was exposed (I shrinkwrapped every wire) I couldnt see anyhting that would have caused it but I rewired everything anyways and havent had a problem since!

·
Registered
18 Posts
look in the fuse box.... If you can't find the fuse box, look in your owners manual index for the word fuse box. It will tell you a page number. Go to that page number and it will tell you the location of the fuse box. Once you find the fuse box, there should be a diagram telling you what the fuses are for. Just look for the radio fuse, check if it is blown out and change if necessary.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The only thing I can think of is maybe it has something to do with your remote turn on wire for the amp? Have you tested the amp and made sure it is good and works properly like on a friends car or something? Also maybe try a freinds amp in your car and see if you have the same problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The absolute best place to ground any amp easily is one of the rear seat belt bolts. They thread right down into the subframe as the government requires seat belts to be anchored into the actual frames of cars nowdays. Just make sure the area around the hole is sanded sufficiently as well as the underside of the face of the bolt and you should be good to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts