FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I posted a while ago about helping my mom pick out a car. We've pretty much narrowed it down to a AWD fusion, or a 2 year old Audi A6. If she decides to buy the fusion, the tail lights must get tinted; we do not like the chrome outline. Its really the only big flaw we have found in it.

So my question is to the few people who have done it; is there a place you can just buy it or did you take it somewhere. I know for my mustang, they just sell the precut pieces and its just a DIY in about 30 minutes.

G

·
Hmm...I haven't gotten it done. But I think a lot of guys actually took out the taillights and painted it or something like that. Someone who did it should post really soon.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I tried using some tint especially made for tail lights and couldn't get it to work. The Fusion tail light has a complex curve to it that makes tint difficult. I kept getting wrinkles and creases. I'm not a professional, so it might have been an "installer" problem. I've also read of someone else who used the nightshades spray tint. Last I heard he was shopping for replacements on ebay. I'd suggest you look at the Milan or MKZ since it's basically the same car without the chrome tail lights.

·
Registered
440 Posts
NiteShades is the stuff to use, it comes in a spray can and paints right onto the lenses

·
Registered
4 Posts
I HAVE TINTED Y TAIL LIGHTS AND THEY CAME OUT OK I USE WINDOW TINT AND THEY LOOK GREAT I WILL POST SOME PIC I AM ALSO LOOKING IN DOING THE FRONT ONES TO IT TOOK ME ABOUT 1HR TO FIGURE IT OUT BUT I GOT THEM DONE I DID HAVE TO TAKE THEM OUT AND ITS BEETER THAT PAINT.

·
Registered
38 Posts
check your local laws first (or anywhere you plan on going). In Ontario, at least, it is illegal to tint the tail or head lights when lights are required (ie at night). It does not matter if you're not from here. If you drive here, you must follow our rules. Great tool for nailing VWs (putting covers over to look "euro") or Camaros (including "blue tint" to look like high end headlights). Just an FYI, nothing worse then puling out the screw driver on the side of the road at night to make things "legal".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts