FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've done some looking around online and can't seem to find where to locate the reverse wire or parking brake wire needed for my touchscreen headunit which I am also installing a rear view camera with, I pulled apart the center column. But there's a ton of wires down here. Which ones are they?

ImageUploadedByAutoguide1357426361.460164.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Mitchell

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
782 Posts
I am not really sure what wires they are because I used an automotive relay and did the bypass so I could view video at any point, not just in park. My only advice would be to trace the wires from the shifter. If you have a volt meter use that. The shifter basically acts like a switch. Whatever gear you choose (P,R,N,D,L) it will have power coming from that wire so test it with the meter. When its in park, find the wire that has power only when it is in park. That is the park wire. Do the same for the reverse. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not really sure what wires they are because I used an automotive relay and did the bypass so I could view video at any point, not just in park. My only advice would be to trace the wires from the shifter. If you have a volt meter use that. The shifter basically acts like a switch. Whatever gear you choose (P,R,N,D,L) it will have power coming from that wire so test it with the meter. When its in park, find the wire that has power only when it is in park. That is the park wire. Do the same for the reverse. Hope this helps.
I've started to do that, but the wire are so tight in there it's hard to get the clips off to test with a meter. For the parking brake I'm gonna do the same as you done but I really need that reverse wire to make my back-up camera function work.... Guess it's gonna be a lot of testing! Someone here's gotta know.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
better late than never. for the park switch bypass it no one uses it. Ground it (if it requires ground) or tie it into the ignition source for the head unit if it requires a (12v+) input. as for the reverse light you nailed it on the head run an extra wire to one of the reverse lights in the car (at the body computer or actual light) or simply tie into the back of your dash cluster light where it displays p,r,d, etc. use a relay and a diode as to not mess with the oem wiring. the diode prevents any chance of a back feed. the relay will give you full 12v if the wire you tap into uses less than 12v.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
better late than never. for the park switch bypass it no one uses it. Ground it (if it requires ground) or tie it into the ignition source for the head unit if it requires a (12v+) input. as for the reverse light you nailed it on the head run an extra wire to one of the reverse lights in the car (at the body computer or actual light) or simply tie into the back of your dash cluster light where it displays p,r,d, etc. use a relay and a diode as to not mess with the oem wiring. the diode prevents any chance of a back feed. the relay will give you full 12v if the wire you tap into uses less than 12v.
Yeah, I'll have to get one of those things! I can't even change my bass level without the parking brake being on. Super annoying... Thanks for the tips though, I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Reverse Wire

The best place to tie into the reverse wire is behind the driver's kick panel.
Would you happen to have an image of that location or know the color of the wire? I’m color blind and finding those is a pain in the butt. If I got someone to look at those with me it should go pretty smooth.

Thanks for the location. I sure didn’t want to chase the wire all the way to the trunk.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Would you happen to have an image of that location or know the color of the wire? I’m color blind and finding those is a pain in the butt. If I got someone to look at those with me it should go pretty smooth.

Thanks for the location. I sure didn’t want to chase the wire all the way to the trunk.
Possibly, but you would need to tell us the MY of your Fusion.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It is a GN-BN wire (20 gauge) coming from Pin 11 of C219. If you have the auto-dimming mirror, you can pick up that wire on its connector.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is a GN-BN wire (20 gauge) coming from Pin 11 of C219. If you have the auto-dimming mirror, you can pick up that wire on its connector.
Would you happen to know where I can find an image of where that set of pins are and which one is Pin 11? Sorry for the noob questions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts