FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. I hooked up my Avic D3 a few weeks ago, now I am got my PAC SWI-PS steering wheel interface controller. I am going to hook everything up, but I cant figure out where the steering wheel control harness is.

Does anyone have any idea's or has anyone else attempted to do this w/ some tips for me?

I managed to finally get the avic d3 to dim, I tapped into one of the illumination wires that goto the onboard computer system.

·
Registered
505 Posts
there is no "steering wheel control harness"...

the steering wheel button [audio] wires are in the main stereo wiring harness (same harness as the power and speaker wires)

PIN 18 (grey/yellow) is the signal wire
PIN 19 (blue/white) is the return wire

I attached a text file of the stereo harness pin configuration to this post (it was originally an excel file, but you cant attach xls docs on this forum). that's where i got this info from (although I don't remember where I got it originally ;), if those pins/wires are not used after you installed your new head unit then you're probably good to go, but if you used them for something else then forget I ever posted this :))

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote author=anarchyx link=topic=93544.msg1828341#msg1828341 date=1194041640]
Well.. I hooked up my Avic D3 a few weeks ago, now I am got my PAC SWI-PS steering wheel interface controller. I am going to hook everything up, but I cant figure out where the steering wheel control harness is.

Does anyone have any idea's or has anyone else attempted to do this w/ some tips for me?

I managed to finally get the avic d3 to dim, I tapped into one of the illumination wires that goto the onboard computer system.
[/quote]

What wire did you tapp into for the illumination for the dimmer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.