FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I'm trying to run some from the inside of my Fusion to the outside. For the life of me I can't find the spots that go through the firewall

Any help would be great thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda behind the battery. Look above your brake pedal from the inside, there's a slight cutout in the rubber insulator along the firewall.
I found the one behind the battery once I removed the battery. The one behind the break pedal I couldn't find. I think that it might have been the one above the clutch pedal. I got a coat hanger in the one above the clutch pedal but I couldn't find where it came out of. It was out of my sight. The one behind the battery is so filled with wires, it was hard to push anything in there. I know that the previous owner did for their remote start they added. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is one small ground wire coming through the grommet behind the battery. The hole is just big enough for that wire. Is there anywhere that I might be able to cut a small slit in the grommet where I'm not going to cut any wires? When I push on parts of the grommet there seems to be space above the wires. Does anyone know of I can cut or not?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's where mine came through on a 2010 AT.

http://imgur.com/5ZJjG6g

Behind the rubber is just some plastic. I used a decent size drill bit at a very low speed, then caulked around the wire.
I don't have the same plastic piece since that I drive a manual. Also I think yours in a generation after mine.

I'm kind of lost and not sure what to do. My buddy who is good with these things is being a pain and not helping me out. I might just run it off the stock horn, well, if I can find it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts