FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is for those of you who take your aftermarket rims off for the winter.

When do you put them back on????? As soon as the weather starts getting nice? Or do you wait until it's officially spring?

I am looking to put mine on by the end of the month.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you have 18" rims or larger, then most likely you have summer only tires. If that is the case; I would wait one week for the temps to be above 45F or so. I want to make sure it will never be in the 30s or below again.

If you have all season tires; I would run them year round.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Depends on the rim, too. Coated rims with all-season tires I may be apt to leave on all season. The billet rims on my truck come off before Thanksgiving and don't go on again mid-April. The tires may be all-season, but road salt doesn't do billet any good.

·
Registered
613 Posts
My winter tires stay on until the spring rainy months are nearly over(I dont want to spin my nice set in rain constantly.) So usually I swap out in April. But your summer tires will generally decide when you should swap back. If you have a set of quality all weather tires, then swap as soon as the freezing weather is done for, but if you have less wet grip than your winter set, just hang on a month more until you swap them out. As said, if they aren't rust proofed/coated well, steer clear until the salt trucks are gone for the year.
If your itchy to throw on your bling, I would't say that your jumping the gun by doing it now. To each their own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts