FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if you had to reset anything on the dash every time so the mpg is accurate or do you just leave everything alone? Also do you have to run it near empty for the mpg to be correct?

·
Registered
619 Posts
The MPG reading is the average since the last time your reset it. It will not change or reset itself when you fill up. So if you want to know the MPG on each tank, you need to reset it yourself.

The Distance to Empty (DTE) reading however, does reset. I believe it just takes the reading from the fuel gauge and multiplies by the recent MPG (not necessarily the same as the average reading you see) and comes up with an estimate for DTE. So it won't always read the same number of miles when you fill up, it all depends on how you've been driving before filling up. You can't reset the DTE and resetting the MPG has no effect on the DTE.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=dirtyddd link=topic=80448.msg1486292#msg1486292 date=1181828266]
Just wanted to know if you had to reset anything on the dash every time so the mpg is accurate or do you just leave everything alone? Also do you have to run it near empty for the mpg to be correct?
[/quote]

all i do is reset my trip A everytime i get gas so when i fill up i know how far i went and how many gallons i used.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Every time that I fill-up I reset trip B to determine how many miles that I travel between fill-ups and I can accurately determine my miles per gallon.

·
Registered
817 Posts
About one-quarter (1/4) full.

·
Registered
57 Posts
super E about 25 miles after 0 miles left

·
Registered
702 Posts
[quote author=jamhole538 link=topic=80448.msg1497568#msg1497568 date=1182205574]
super E about 25 miles after 0 miles left
[/quote]

LOL, done that a few times

quote author=dirtyddd link=topic=80448.msg1489874#msg1489874 date=1181921177]
How low do you let the tank get to get an accurate reading?
[/quote]

I'd say as low as you want. It will give you a actuate reading for the driving you did since last fill up weather is 3/4 tank or on E.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts