FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All :wavey:
The Ford Performance and Development Fusion or what is known as the "Stylist Fusion" is running a set of BBS GT wheels that are 8.5 inches wide with a +30 offset. They are listed as having a 65mm lip which is huge. This is the "look" that I am searching for on my car. The BBS price for these is about $1100 per rim. Tirerack has the rims but the only available offset is 40mm. Needless to say that I can't afford them! I have looked and looked but I can't find a similar wheel with that type of visual depth in a FWD application. The closest that I have found is the 5Zigen SportEngine SC3000 and the Sportmax 006 but once again as I figure the applications/offset/width they will not provide the "depth" that I am looking for. If anyone has seen this car or will go to the site to see it, please let me know if there is anything that I can do to achieve this look. Also, if anyone knows how much "play room or tolerance" there is to both the inside (suspension) and outside of the fender wells without the car looking "boned" please let me know. I will be interested in the 18" application if thats any help. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
391 Posts
does the stylish fusion have wheel locks? you could always buy a ski mask and take a plane ticket to wherever that is

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Sitting here at work, off of the top of my head. Something close would be a Privat Netz (Black, Grey, Polished) Comes in a 18X8 in several offsets, and has a lip simalar to what your looking for. These wheels are made by Konig and are semi inexpensive. I am sure there are tons of others options as for as a lip'ed FWD application. Just take some time to peak around here and there.

Pictures:

They can be seen here on "Tripleblacks" Fusion

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=93608.0

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=93746.msg1832616#msg1832616 date=1194275698]
Hey All :wavey:
The Ford Performance and Development Fusion or what is known as the "Stylist Fusion" is running a set of BBS GT wheels that are 8.5 inches wide with a +30 offset. They are listed as having a 65mm lip which is huge. This is the "look" that I am searching for on my car. The BBS price for these is about $1100 per rim. Tirerack has the rims but the only available offset is 40mm. Needless to say that I can't afford them! I have looked and looked but I can't find a similar wheel with that type of visual depth in a FWD application. The closest that I have found is the 5Zigen SportEngine SC3000 and the Sportmax 006 but once again as I figure the applications/offset/width they will not provide the "depth" that I am looking for. If anyone has seen this car or will go to the site to see it, please let me know if there is anything that I can do to achieve this look. Also, if anyone knows how much "play room or tolerance" there is to both the inside (suspension) and outside of the fender wells without the car looking "boned" please let me know. I will be interested in the 18" application if thats any help. Thanks in advance for your help.
[/quote]

I was trying to do the exact same thing you are.I even used that same car as a reference point to how I wanted mine to look.However its impossible without paying a lot of money. I searched for months but you'll have to get a three piece wheel with custom offsets and they are always expensive(cheapest I found was 4 or 500 a wheel to get a similar look). As posted above, your best option is to go with the privat wheels. I have those same wheels on my car. I would recommend getting 19's and not 18's cuz they look better to me but you can get the silver and gunmetal colors in the 30mm offset(black is 40mm only) you are looking for and they will fit fine. The dish wont be extremely deep but the lip is significant enough I promise you and 30mm will line up with the fender very well. I got these wheels with tires mounted for 1500 total. Or you can pay 2000 for wheels alone and get the exact look you saw with the BBS wheels.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:wavey:
Thanks for the help guys--I appreciate it.
Talisman--do ya have any pics that you could post so I can see what they look like on the car? 2 or 3 G's for a
set of wheels is way out of my league. Looks like I've got diamond wishes and a burlap budget! And a
+30mm offset won't be a problem even with Eibachs, correct?

Jaysen--If you have time that would be great. I'm sure you will have better resources than I do. Plus you know
what to look for whereas I'm just roaming the net taking blind stabs at stuff. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=93746.msg1835058#msg1835058 date=1194354757]
:wavey:
Thanks for the help guys--I appreciate it.
Talisman--do ya have any pics that you could post so I can see what they look like on the car? 2 or 3 G's for a
set of wheels is way out of my league. Looks like I've got diamond wishes and a burlap budget! And a
+30mm offset won't be a problem even with Eibachs, correct?

Jaysen--If you have time that would be great. I'm sure you will have better resources than I do. Plus you know
what to look for whereas I'm just roaming the net taking blind stabs at stuff. Thanks.
[/quote]
we both posted pics of our black Privats here.My car is the last post. http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=93608.0 I have a couple more pics of my car but thats the best shot of the wheels. And yes, the 30mm offset will fit fine on a lowered car.

Here are the silver and gunmetal privat netz on an acura TL

silver:

gunmetal:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
That is the next car I want (Acura TL)!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have noticed that these Privat Netz and the Konig Crosshairs are available in a 7" wide wheel with a +20 and +25 offset. Will this give me the depth that I am looking for and will it work? Why or why not? Thanks.

Scratch that///gonna be about the same as 18x8 w/+30.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=93746.msg1836252#msg1836252 date=1194388686]
I have noticed that these Privat Netz and the Konig Crosshairs are available in a 7" wide wheel with a +20 and +25 offset. Will this give me the depth that I am looking for and will it work? Why or why not? Thanks.

[/quote]

Thats pushing the wheel out too much also. You dont want to go below +30 for an offset on this car and the less wide a wheel, the less lip it will have(generally speaking).

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=Talisman link=topic=93746.msg1837070#msg1837070 date=1194406405]
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=93746.msg1836252#msg1836252 date=1194388686]

[/quote]

Thats pushing the wheel out too much also. You dont want to go below +30 for an offset on this car and the less wide a wheel, the less lip it will have(generally speaking).
[/quote]
The Privat Netz are seemingly going to be my best choice in my infinite search. I've been looking for over two weeks and these are the only wheels that I can find below a +35 offset. They're not exactly what I wanted but they are still a great looking wheel. I think the silver would go well with a merlot Fusion and I'm rather happy with the prospect. The Acura in the pic looks great to me. Kind of classy but not too over the top. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Those AZA Z-02's with a +35 offset will most likely end up looking really good on the car.

[quote author=Geist link=topic=93746.msg1858448#msg1858448 date=1195183154]
Great info in here, this is the same look that I've been wanting to achieve. Talisman, we'd love to see some more pics of your car with those rims! So you went with the 19's, right?
[/quote]

Yea they are 19's. My personal opinion is that is the best size for these cars. I posted pics in another wheel thread but ill repost them.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I agree that 19s would be the best size for ours, but they are more expensive. I believe more people here would have 19s since they are between 18s and 20s.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=93746.msg1859248#msg1859248 date=1195222503]
I agree that 19s would be the best size for ours, but they are more expensive. I believe more people here would have 19s since they are between 18s and 20s.
[/quote]

They are more expensive than 18's sure. but they are still less expensive than 20's. Just like they logically should be?

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=Talisman link=topic=93746.msg1859470#msg1859470 date=1195228321]

They are more expensive than 18's sure. but they are still less expensive than 20's. Just like they logically should be?
[/quote]

In many styles, they're actually cheaper than 18's on Tirerack...guess they're trying to get rid of them.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
That AZA company seems to have a good selection of wheels with offsets(+35) and widths(8.5) that look graet on the CD3 cars. They are all knockoffs of other manufacturers wheels it seems but they look to be some pretty high quality knockoofs for a good price. :goodjob:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=Talisman link=topic=93746.msg1859470#msg1859470 date=1195228321]
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=93746.msg1859248#msg1859248 date=1195222503]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Looks like my response didn't post, but actually 19s are more expensive or the same price as 20s because they are rare and the industry doesn't supply a lot of those with such a low demand. It's either 18s or 20s. 19s...are just on the side line waiting to get some play time. Search through an online rim store and compare the prices.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts