FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I have a 2012 Fusion SE with the 2.5.
I have the stock 17" by 7.5" wheels right now.
I have a friend that will give a great deal on a set that are 19" by 8.75". However they're a different bolt pattern, so I've found adapters. Haven't bought anything yet, but I'm unsure if they'll fit. I'm new to the car community so pardon me if any if my specs are actually wrong. Any info helps! Thanks in advance!!

The adapters:

·
Registered
90 Posts
It depends on the backspacing of the wheels, but likely they do not have enough backspacing. It is unlikely that you would be able to fit them. They would have to have a lot of backspacing for being 1 inch wider, then trying to push them out another 3/4 of an inch.

Also what you linked to on Amazon isn't an adapter, it is just a spacer to push the wheels out 20mm.

Your 17x7.5 wheel with 44mm offset has 6 inches of backspacing.

These 19x8.75 (are they really that, or is that measured from outside wheel lip?) would need to have 30mm of offset to work without an adapter/spacer. If you have that 20mm spacer, then you need a wheel with 50mm of offset and 6.75 backspacing.

That is also going to push the face of the wheel out 1.25 inches (if these really are 8.75 wide). that might contact the inner fenders when turning the wheel.

I am having similar issues with some Mustang 18x8.5 wheels. I have a 3/16 inch spacer which I think will get me what I want, not touching the spindle or upper ball joint, but not sticking out too far, and once I get the right tire size on it, not contacting the wheel well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts