FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a new fusion sel 8 speakers just want more bass. so what set up would anyone recommend found a Polk Audio db212-2 that comes with an Enclosure that has 1500 watts for 280$. So does anyone recommend polk audio

·
Registered
267 Posts
I actualy have the db212 setup. It looks great, and it fits well in the trunk. Not to mention I have been doing business with polk for a long long time. They definately know how to make a quality speaker.

They also pack a great punch, that box was engineered very well.

I am using a Phoenix Gold 1200.1 1200w amp to power them

·
Registered
399 Posts
Not a huge fan of Polk here, I have 2 12" Rockford P3's with a 1200 Watt Alpine V12 amp and Capacitor, its insane. Eclipse also makes great subs too. :lol: No matter which sub you get you cant ever go wrong with Rockford.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im actually selling my stereo :) It sounds great as well.

1 1242d Alpine Type-R sub
1 1.73 cubic foot Alpine Box
1 MRD-605 600x1 amp
1 lighting audio 1 farat cap
1 complete 4 gauge rockford kit

let me kno wif you are interested :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
would it be possible to install subs like the fusion EN-PK212 without changing the cars stereo? how would you install it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
This question has been asked a gazillion times and the answer will always be the same........it's all relative to your listening preferences and what you intend to spend. There will never be a "best" sub for any particular application. When you say you want more bass that can mean just a little punch to add some depth, or a constant bass provided back massage. I would say listen to alot of different setups that fit your price range and then go from there. Take a song or cd that you've heard many times over and see how the different setups respond to your liking. Then go price all the equipment on the net as it can be had for much less online than in any retail store, even with the shipping on top. I'd also suggest giving the install a go yourself, you'll know it's done right and won't have to pay some douchbag at CC or BB to do it. I've never had any experience with polk (I'm a JL audio/Alpine guy) but, $280 for an entry level sub and probably prefab box(not built specifically for the sub) with no amp is a rip IMO. Remember you can spend all the money you have on top notch audio gear, and the install not be up to par......and still have a crap system. If you like bass also invest in some good sound dampening. Good luck. Stev0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts