FordFusionClub.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 8213 Posts

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well yeah because I have no real choice lol; as much as I don't want to go to the funeral, it really isn't an option of mine, I get it, and it bugs me, but I'm not going to run away or whatever to not go.

Don't get me or my parents wrong; trust me, my parents are well into their 60s, so they aren't like the current generation by any means, I'm just.. the black sheep (well.. red in this case) of the family, always have been, but I also know I somewhat put myself in that situation .. sometimes, not all the time, but I just feel so seperated from my family, that I just don't care. One day when my parents die I'm going to have to.. but.. I didn't know my mom's parents very well by comparison. They're up in Maryland, we're down in Georgia, I haven't seen my grandmother minus this last trip up there two weeks ago... for like 6 years or so I think. Before that I hadn't seen both of my mom's parents since I think around 2004, and even then they were already in an old folks home. The last time I saw them when they were (this will come out wrong but since my vocabulary sucks it'll have to do), "normal" as in comprehensive of their lives and everything around them, was back in the 90s, and I don't even remember much at all, I remember a few images in my mind but that's about it. We hardly ever visited them because we're so far away.

I guess all of this really comes down to personality; and being who I am I am seriously an introvert as weird as it may seem, but I am very much so one as much as even I myself hate it... I'm just not a big 'family' person if that makes sense.

I think it may have to do more with my separation from my parents than anything else; with 40 some odd years of separation, I don't feel like I have a very good connection with my parents.
To prove this point, I barely have a clue as to what he did. My parents have both been retired for majority of my life, majority as in they're in their 60s, and have been retired since their mid 40s (awesome right?). Well it kind of sucks for me, besides knowing a few things about my dad, he still feels like a stranger to me, but I don't know how to approach that, it's weird to me to go up to him and be like.. I want to know you more... you're my dad... but I feel like I don't know you.
Like.. I feel like that will cause more problems than anything else LOL
Same with my mom, I don't think my mother has worked a day since I was born, so I don't know what the heck she ever did because they were always here.. with me.. doing.. nothing.

·
theykickedmeoffnasioc
15,460 Posts
I kinda understand what you're talking about. Sounds like a similar situation with my great grandmother, she died a couple years ago and honestly it didn't even really phase me at all. Never knew her that well, as long as I can remember she's been frail and not all there mentally.
When my dad's dad died I was sad, but it wasn't a huge deal to me. Didn't shatter my life or anything. But we didn't really do a ton with them and I never really felt like I belonged with the rest of the family. Dad's older brother was a bigwig at John Hancock and so his family is all rich preppy ivy league kind of kids, and his younger brother's family are good ol boys over in greater Austin (trucks, cowboy hats, horses, etc) and I'm pretty much the only car person in the whole family lol

So I kinda get it, but still not to the full extent. It does kinda suck though, feeling like you don't really belong with the rest of your family. One of those things that most people probably feel to some extent, but still just seems weird

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I never had the chance to meet any of my great grandparents, not that I'm aware of at least. Even when I was born my grandparents were already into their mid to late 70s.

I'm sure it will be different when my parents pass away, but I still feel like... it doesn't matter because there's nothing I can do about it except live on..

The only thing that DOES bug me about having no grandparents now is.. none of us have kids lol, I'm the last male to survive the Nuse name, so that's kinda crappy to think about.

I dunno, just one of those things..

·
Registered
36,000 Posts
I met only one of my grandparents. Quit 'yer bitchin'. Grab a beer, tug one out, and stop talking like a little bitch.

·
Registered
36,000 Posts
I'm not talking like a little bitch lol, quite the opposite in fact
Disagree. All I see is a bunch of TL;DR bullshit self-reflection. Men self-reflect to themselves... not to a bunch of other angsty college kids (er, Brett) on an internet message board.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Just making sure I'm not the one that's mentally fucked up in this situation lol

Everyone else I know makes a big deal about deaths, why don't I? That's all I'm questioning really. Even one of my sisters called and cussed at me a few times for even considering not going to the funeral.

·
Registered
36,000 Posts
Just making sure I'm not the one that's mentally fucked up in this situation lol

Everyone else I know makes a big deal about deaths, why don't I? That's all I'm questioning really. Even one of my sisters called and cussed at me a few times for even considering not going to the funeral.
Regardless of how you feel, not going to the funeral is disrespectful.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
also, instead of kids being raised on "family shows" that teach manners, honesty and stuff like that, they are raised on Simpsons, Family Guy and other worse shows that teach kids that there are no consequences to being a piece of crap.
I was raised on Acme Hour and The Terminator. You don't see me trying to hitch rides on rockets or setting elaborate booby-traps for rabbits or lowering myself into a pit of molten metal.

Though, the cartoons of yore would explain the odd, self-righteous sense of America-is-better-than-everyone (due to the amount of propaganda spewed from those cartoons).

I shouldn't say "if you're on welfare, you shouldn't be allowed children," but fuck it... if you can't take care of yourself without state assistance, you're certainly not fit to be a parent.
Umm... There are plenty of people who are great parents that are only one tragedy away from requiring welfare. The educators of America (namely, grade school teachers) are quite underpaid. Like... to the point that I know multiple adult teachers that live basically paycheck-to-paycheck.

I do, however, feel that a drug test should be required prior to any government assistance, and it should be the responsibility of the recipients to pay for at least some it (seriously, they aren't that expensive). But that's a different topic.

Don't get me or my parents wrong; trust me, my parents are well into their 60s, so they aren't like the current generation by any means, I'm just.. the black sheep (well.. red in this case) of the family, always have been, but I also know I somewhat put myself in that situation .. sometimes, not all the time, but I just feel so seperated from my family, that I just don't care. One day when my parents die I'm going to have to.. but.. I didn't know my mom's parents very well by comparison. They're up in Maryland, we're down in Georgia, I haven't seen my grandmother minus this last trip up there two weeks ago... for like 6 years or so I think. Before that I hadn't seen both of my mom's parents since I think around 2004, and even then they were already in an old folks home. The last time I saw them when they were (this will come out wrong but since my vocabulary sucks it'll have to do), "normal" as in comprehensive of their lives and everything around them, was back in the 90s, and I don't even remember much at all, I remember a few images in my mind but that's about it. We hardly ever visited them because we're so far away.
Yeah, I'll argue against the distance thing. All of my mom's family lives in the DC area, and I took a trip every summer to see them, and usually would see them around either Christmas or Thanksgiving.

However, about grandparents being "normal", I understand. I always feel guilty. My grandma (dad's mom) has Alzheimer's. It was from non-existent in 2009 to the point where she doesn't even know who I am today. She's been in assisted living for the last year or so. I don't go over there near as much as I should because it's awkward for me. She doesn't remember me, she thinks my dad is my [dead] grandpa (her husband) assuming she even remembers that, and she basically only remembers her childhood. I can even tell her my name, and then ask her who I am, and she can't remember. She can barely remember how to speak -- mostly just looks at me with a thoroughly confused face and laughs nervously whenever I ask her something. It's depressing. And because of all that, I've felt myself getting less and less attached (for lack of a better word) to her. :undecided:

I think it may have to do more with my separation from my parents than anything else; with 40 some odd years of separation, I don't feel like I have a very good connection with my parents.
To prove this point, I barely have a clue as to what he did. My parents have both been retired for majority of my life, majority as in they're in their 60s, and have been retired since their mid 40s (awesome right?). Well it kind of sucks for me, besides knowing a few things about my dad, he still feels like a stranger to me, but I don't know how to approach that, it's weird to me to go up to him and be like.. I want to know you more... you're my dad... but I feel like I don't know you.
Like.. I feel like that will cause more problems than anything else LOL
Same with my mom, I don't think my mother has worked a day since I was born, so I don't know what the heck she ever did because they were always here.. with me.. doing.. nothing.
This is easy. Your dad used to be big at Road Atlanta, right? Why not work on cars with him? I'm sure he has the interest. This is how me and my dad bond a lot (though, admittedly, I've always had a decent relationship with him). Sometimes it just helps to ask in a small-talk sort of way, like as a dinner discussion or something. Don't try to learn their life histories -- start with small anecdotes.

The only thing that DOES bug me about having no grandparents now is.. none of us have kids lol, I'm the last male to survive the Nuse name, so that's kinda crappy to think about.
I actually used to think a lot about that as a kid. Now, I'm trying to dodge the baby bullet as best as I can -- don't need any premarital babies. Give me a couple years, and I'll be ready (or as ready as I can be).

OMM: This morning flew by. This afternoon seems like a good time for a nap.

AOMM: Grand Theft Auto 5 comes out on September 17th. I'm excited. :eek:pen:

·
theykickedmeoffnasioc
15,460 Posts
OMM: Thinking about wrapping my car now. Figure if I get my vinyl stuff in order I can call it a business expense under advertising

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
lol under business expense; be aware it will even if you do all the work is going to cost over a grand, and be a lot of labor to do it right.

·
theykickedmeoffnasioc
15,460 Posts
Stock wheels, stock suspension: gonna vinyl wrap the car. Perfect... that won't be ricey at all.
Planning on picking up some coils from a friend soon. Yes, theyre BCs, but they're in good shape, good deal, and temporary. And they're the newer generation, not the old ones that fell apart all the time. I'm planning on upgrading to Tein with EDFC sooner than later.
Plus, since when is moarlowz/rims the only things that matter? Beginning to sound like a stancetard steve

Just a single color, likely matte. I'm debating between two colors now, one is a basic matte white and the other is pretty loud lol

Yeah, I've been pricing it all out today. But I found a local deal that I'm planning to go check out this week that would likely leave enough room in my original budget for it. I figure a 5x75' roll should be plenty of material, enough to redo my screw ups. And I figure it'd take me the better part of 3 days

·
Registered
36,000 Posts
Planning on picking up some coils from a friend soon. Yes, theyre BCs, but they're in good shape, good deal, and temporary. And they're the newer generation, not the old ones that fell apart all the time. I'm planning on upgrading to Tein with EDFC sooner than later.
Plus, since when is moarlowz/rims the only things that matter? Beginning to sound like a stancetard steve
1. Used BCs aren't worth their weight at a scrapyard.
2. Tein isn't exactly all that great, either (I ran Flex on the Miata).
3. Advocating for lower ride height and wider wheels = stancetard? I didn't realize. Feel free to raise your car and run 17x6.5s.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Brett you'll need ~55' (if you're getting a 60" wide roll)
That's with no screw ups, so a 75' roll should be just fine.

·
theykickedmeoffnasioc
15,460 Posts
We all know your opinions steve, what confuses me is why you think everyone cares.

Cool, I found the 75' rolls for 620 after a 10% off coupon online, I figure with that and a few tools and materials I should expect around $750 or so.
Been looking at the 3M 1080 vinyl, opinions?

41 - 60 of 8213 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.