FordFusionClub.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 8213 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Saw V3 closed so I had to make a post in V4. This is the aforementioned post.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
I saw pics. looked sweet.
years ago, these ale fests were mostly sausage fests as well...
nowadays, there are tons of babes...not quite like a formula one race...but much better than before, lol.

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm not gonna lie, I seriously think the whole gingers have no soul thing is for real...
And that's no joke.
I've noticed how selfish I pretty much am, not in a negative way towards others, but just by myself. I'm sure a lot of others are the same as that's just human nature but I still feel like it shouldn't be the case. I seem to have a really bad case of primal instinct at the end of the day where the only thing I care about is myself and that's pretty much it. Also probably explains why I don't have a girlfriend or am really seeking one because I know I'll be the one to screw it up anyways.

But the weirdest part is.. funerals.
My mom's father died back in highschool, I think winter of 2006/2007, but back in February my father's mother died, and then his father died in June, and we just got back from that funeral... 3 weeks ago.
Now my mothers' mom died this morning, and that funeral may be this weekend.

But .. I'm angry, like yeah I'm more somber when in front of parents or family, but internally, I'm pissed.. for no reason. I don't know why, but same with when my dad's parents passed I was angry about that too.
Anyone else like this or am I just mental? Because I wouldn't be surprised if I'm just the crazy one.
I mean don't get me wrong I don't want to go out and kill someone or something right now, I'm sad, and will have to be, but at the same time I could totally slap everyone at work right now and walk out.... for no reason. (or at least I feel like I could)

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Eh. I think our society is just really jaded. I think our generation definitely has less... sympathy? emotion? I dunno. But look at the little kids that shoot or stab classmates/siblings (because they don't comprehend that death is final) or the teens that shoot up schools. I feel like that never happened when our parents were kids...

OMM: Today is going by pretty quickly. Amazing how enjoyable work can be when I actually have something to do (and a given deadline helps).

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Or like... say.. a local school to us in Atlanta where some dude just wants to "talk" to the police so he shows up with a gun in hand in a school office? lol

Something else just happened to over the past weekend locally where some kids killed another kid "just because"
fucked up son!

As much as I enjoy lazy days at work... they are really slow and usually sucky though; it is nice when time flies at work.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Stone Brewery's 17th Anniversary Ale Fest was EPIC!
Just had the Red Brick 20th Anniversary brew the other day -- oak-aged and very tasty. But something I could only drink 1 glass of. :undecided:

You know the forum hipsters (Nate) will go back to v3 just so they (he) can be different.
Tough to do when it's locked, no?

Something else just happened to over the past weekend locally where some kids killed another kid "just because"
fucked up son!
The fucked up thing is that some doctor or parents will just be like "he has XXXX social disorder". I don't buy that every fucked up crime committed by a kid is due to some social disorder; some kids are just plain fucking evil. But maybe I'm just a pessimist.

·
Registered
36,000 Posts
Yeah? We're gonna blame video games, gun control, welfare laws, education, and "luck," right? Pick your poison, I suppose, but I doubt we'll hear an official response from Obama regarding how each of these children could be his own...

·
theykickedmeoffnasioc
15,460 Posts
LMAO you hit it on the head steve.

But seriously, all this fucked up shit keeps happening. Honestly if I have to pick a poison, I'm going with the simple fact that society has gotten so damn selfish that many kids are seen as an 'inconvenience' to their parents, which churns out compounding fucked up problems.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
bill clinton taught the country you can be a lying cheating piece of crap and be president, even when everyone knows you are a liar without any honor or ethics.

also, instead of kids being raised on "family shows" that teach manners, honesty and stuff like that, they are raised on Simpsons, Family Guy and other worse shows that teach kids that there are no consequences to being a piece of crap.

·
theykickedmeoffnasioc
15,460 Posts
Anyone seen anything on nick or disney in the last 5-10 years? Anytime I see something from those channels it portrays almost if not all adults as blithering idiots. Especially parents.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, I seriously think the whole gingers have no soul thing is for real...
And that's no joke.
I've noticed how selfish I pretty much am, not in a negative way towards others, but just by myself. I'm sure a lot of others are the same as that's just human nature but I still feel like it shouldn't be the case. I seem to have a really bad case of primal instinct at the end of the day where the only thing I care about is myself and that's pretty much it. Also probably explains why I don't have a girlfriend or am really seeking one because I know I'll be the one to screw it up anyways.

But the weirdest part is.. funerals.
My mom's father died back in highschool, I think winter of 2006/2007, but back in February my father's mother died, and then his father died in June, and we just got back from that funeral... 3 weeks ago.
Now my mothers' mom died this morning, and that funeral may be this weekend.

But .. I'm angry, like yeah I'm more somber when in front of parents or family, but internally, I'm pissed.. for no reason. I don't know why, but same with when my dad's parents passed I was angry about that too.
Anyone else like this or am I just mental? Because I wouldn't be surprised if I'm just the crazy one.
I mean don't get me wrong I don't want to go out and kill someone or something right now, I'm sad, and will have to be, but at the same time I could totally slap everyone at work right now and walk out.... for no reason. (or at least I feel like I could)
Nothing to do with your soul or lack thereof or, dare I say, generation. I'm older than you, not red headed, and I think the same thing when something like a death happens. First thought - how's this affect me. The difference between you and the wackos is you're likely gonna do the right thing even though it's not what you want to do. The other difference is you're honesty. My two-cents

·
Registered
36,000 Posts
LMAO you hit it on the head steve.

But seriously, all this fucked up shit keeps happening. Honestly if I have to pick a poison, I'm going with the simple fact that society has gotten so damn selfish that many kids are seen as an 'inconvenience' to their parents, which churns out compounding fucked up problems.
Society, by nature, is selfish. The only reason we're "civilized" is because a society can accomplish more as a collective than one person can accomplish by themselves. We're only in it for the return.

I shouldn't say "if you're on welfare, you shouldn't be allowed children," but fuck it... if you can't take care of yourself without state assistance, you're certainly not fit to be a parent.

bill clinton taught the country you can be a lying cheating piece of crap and be president, even when everyone knows you are a liar without any honor or ethics.

also, instead of kids being raised on "family shows" that teach manners, honesty and stuff like that, they are raised on Simpsons, Family Guy and other worse shows that teach kids that there are no consequences to being a piece of crap.
Bill Clinton, the Simpsons, Family Guy and video games had nothing to do with the decisions these teenagers made. Lack of moral values instilled by their parents / culture lead to these decisions.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
Society, by nature, is selfish. The only reason we're "civilized" is because a society can accomplish more as a collective than one person can accomplish by themselves. We're only in it for the return.

I shouldn't say "if you're on welfare, you shouldn't be allowed children," but fuck it... if you can't take care of yourself without state assistance, you're certainly not fit to be a parent.

Bill Clinton, the Simpsons, Family Guy and video games had nothing to do with the decisions these teenagers made. Lack of moral values instilled by their parents / culture lead to these decisions.
unfortunately, media is part of the culture.
too many of today's lazy parents sit their kids in front of any show that occupies them, so they don't actually have to entertain and teach their kids anything.

21 - 40 of 8213 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.