FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What performance parts are available for the Duratec V6 ? Please post only the items below, and I will add them to this list. Do not discuss them here. Also, please make sure they're ACTUALLY available, or post if they're "coming soon." Please also post link of the product.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Optimized throttle bodies are available for both the 3.0L and 2.3L Fusion. These parts are amost identical (but not quite interchangeable) to the Mazda6 parts so the machining process is the same and is described: here

On my 2.3L Mazda6 I dyno tested gains of 4+ WHP and about 5 Lbs. of torque as shown here: http://cordovamotorsports.com/dyno_results1.html I'm still looking for a side-by-side dyno with the V6, but the customer feedback seems to indicate a nice bump in HP along with much better throttle response. I'm considering setting up a loaner program and would like to hear from anyone interested in testing out an optimized TB on their Fusion.

Here is a pic of the polished and optimized bore of V6 TB. (About 15% more air flow area!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
i would be intrested in testing out any part possibile i am very eager to build my v6 engine up but as most of us am having a difficult time finding parts to do so.

·
Registered
54 Posts
[quote author=twowheelin link=topic=75558.msg1703729#msg1703729 date=1189459020]
Optimized throttle bodies are available for both the 3.0L and 2.3L Fusion. These parts are amost identical (but not quite interchangeable) to the Mazda6 parts so the machining process is the same and is described: here

On my 2.3L Mazda6 I dyno tested gains of 4+ WHP and about 5 Lbs. of torque as shown here: http://cordovamotorsports.com/dyno_results1.html I'm still looking for a side-by-side dyno with the V6, but the customer feedback seems to indicate a nice bump in HP along with much better throttle response. I'm considering setting up a loaner program and would like to hear from anyone interested in testing out an optimized TB on their Fusion.

Here is a pic of the polished and optimized bore of V6 TB. (About 15% more air flow area!)
[/quote]

I have done this mod to my v6 TB but I now get an annoying whistle/whine sound which is sort of like a turbo I guess. Does anyone else have this issue? How could I fix this issue?

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
[quote author=mrphoto link=topic=75558.msg4091312#msg4091312 date=1313069672]

I have done this mod to my v6 TB but I now get an annoying whistle/whine sound which is sort of like a turbo I guess. Does anyone else have this issue? How could I fix this issue?
[/quote]

Hi mrphoto. :wavey: Just mentioning it in case you did not notice: The last post previous to yours was almost two years ago and the post you quoted is from 4 years ago. This entire discussion died a long time ago when no one could get the entire "optimized throttle body" idea to work properly on the Fusion. While not impossible, it will be difficult to find anyone else who did this (with complete success) to the Fusion. Just did not want you to think you were being ignored if you get little response.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
60 Posts
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=75558.msg1359588#msg1359588 date=1177374314]
What performance parts are available for the Duratec V6 ? Please post only the items below, and I will add them to this list. Do not discuss them here. Also, please make sure they're ACTUALLY available, or post if they're "coming soon." Please also post link of the product.
[/quote]

Looks like people ignored the "Please post only items, do not discuss them." I was hoping this post would stay "subject at hand" only because it's nice to go to a sticky and find all possible upgrades on one post that stays updated. But with people commenting back and forth about what has happened when this was tried or that was imposssible. I am not trying to be rude, I just love a good sticky. But for my comment, id agree with Jaysen for the most part, some things are not on steeda, such as Borla. But really, thats it. Other than some universal headers from autopartswarehouse, but thats not trustwprthy to my opinion. Coming soon ... Headers(hopefully) !!! :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
In 5 years there were two posts of absolute bare minimum value... i dont think the discussion killed anything, if anything this shouldnt even be a sticky until theres something here worth looking at...

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
[quote author=Antichrome link=topic=75558.msg4249615#msg4249615 date=1342413168]
So much in the suspension"what's available" thread. This leaves some to be desired
[/quote]
That's because going fast around corner is more fun than going fast in a straight line :p

·
Registered
451 Posts
How about we make this into "what is worth doing to the V6"?

Throttlebody spacers are a SCAM for one!

CAIs gives the car a more throatier sound and improves throttle response and a little on the MPG, but are not huge power gainers, you won't notice 5-10 hp.

Tunes = improves MPG, Throttle response and a little bump in power as well, but a tune will improve the overall driverability of the car as well.

continue..

·
Registered
7 Posts
wassup guys

Jus got 2011 v6 awd fusion gonna be gettin cold air, is steeda onlu one that makes its for the v6 awd? Any suggestions on other mods?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
MMR - it all depends on what someone wants to accomplish with their car...
This.

My last car I spent way more in mods then what I paid for the car. Was it worth it to me? You bet! Would my brother do the same thing if he were in my shoes? Not a chance.

People don't modify because it's worth it, you will never get more money for a car because of a modification. We modify cars because we love cars and want ours to be a bit different and unique.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts