FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 08 fusion se with the apperence package.. i want to hook up my subs and stuff but my amp has high inputs and my car has no rear speakers to tap into.. im thinking of pulling the HU and looking to see if the wires are there for the rear speakers.. the problem is i don't know what colors they would be !!! are they marked??? can anyone help me???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh and does any one have a wire diagram for the 08 fusion se cause i would rather pull the HU im more familar with this than removing the doors and stuff. im not sure if its a audiophile or not.. its a 6 disc with mp3 player..

·
Registered
505 Posts
you don't have the audiophile system (if you did then there would be two 6x9's mounted to the rear deck)

the best way to hook up your amp would be to replace the factory stereo with an aftermarket head unit with subwoofer pre-amp outputs. then run RCA cables from your amp to the stereo. (you have to run your amp turn on lead up there anyways so it's no extra work. that will give you much better sound overall but more importantly it will give you individual control over the subwoofer's volume, frequency, and curve.

if you insist on keeping the factory stereo then you should still use RCA cables. use a line output converter (they only cost around $10.00) and tap into the speaker outputs from behind the stereo. this way you'll be able to change to an aftermarket head unit if you change your mind later. add an in-line attenuator if you want to be able to control the amplifier output seperately.

good luck :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
if you get the F-150 wring harnass then you will know what is what as the wires are labeled on the harness. I would also not buy a "cheap" LOC. Spend a little more on a nice one like navacone and the difference in night & day.

[quote author=jnastysikmzm link=topic=91339.msg1773830#msg1773830 date=1192125493]
you wouldn't happen to know what wires are what back there would you...
[/quote]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks too all.. but my cd player is acting up it keeps making noises and won't play cd's so ford is going to pull it and get me a new one they say it should only take a week :( if anyone is interested me and my friend are throughing a beer pong satellite... first place wins a trip to the WORLD SERIES OF BEER PONG IN LAS VEGAS... its being held in jackson, mi..... check out our website www.clutchpong.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.