FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys do with your wheels and tires after putting on aftermarket ones?

Do you think it is wise to keep them just incase something happens or do you just sell them?

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=aninjazx6r link=topic=74073.msg1318553#msg1318553 date=1175973870]
What do you guys do with your wheels and tires after putting on aftermarket ones?

Do you think it is wise to keep them just incase something happens or do you just sell them?

[/quote]

Hi aninja! :wavey: Why not keep them and use them for winter driving (if you live in a winter weather area)? You can put dedicated snow tires on them if you wish. Of course, seeing as you live in Texas, not sure how much help this would be :bash: (guess it's according to where your city is located).

This way, your new, expensive wheels will not be exposed to the salt and harsh winter weather.

It would not hurt to shop them around and see what kind of price you can get from a buyer. However, in general, you will usually not get a very good price when trying to sell them yourself, or trying to trade them in at a shop where you buy your new wheels and tires.

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
If you don't have a winter season, sell them. Depending on what wheels you have, you could sell them on eBay and make some decent change. The stock 17" SEL rims go for ~$500-$550 on eBay all the time. The 16" SE ones normally go for ~$250-$300, if those even sell. I haven't seen many sell and I was checking eBay daily for Fusion wheels. (Ended up getting a deal at the dealership).

Anyway, Craigslist might be the best alternative. Local pick up and more potential buyers because most people shy away from a $180+ shipping bill.

Good luck!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I had the 16" optional alloy wheels on the car but I'm almost scared to sell
them even if I could because if something happens to the ones I have now then
atleast this way I have a back up and won't have to drop a lot of money to get going again.
You know what, actually writing that down just made me realize that is what I need to do.

Thanks for the free counsiling guys...it sure helps to have someone like you guys and girls
to talk to about my problems and yet no one judge me for being myself.

Yours forever!
Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.