FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally just started using the two bucket method. So let me show you guys how I would like you to show your process.

This is an example, and also in reality, this is the way I clean my car:

Wet down the car.
Clean the car section by section not letting any portion of the car that I got done washing dry, as to not have water spots.
Then use the california water blade to get water off.
Chamois leather cleaner.

That's ALL I DO!

Is that good enough? Should I be applying anything to my car after all of this, I'm not a fan of waxing because I'm scared that I will mess something up. So every few months I have a professional detail it.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Mean Green on tires and inside of fender, wash down entire car, one bucket of car wash, wash car slowly with sopay solution (one side then rinse before the other side, dry with Chamois (rinse in bucket of water to clean after drying one side) use a microfiber towel and Windex for glass and chrome grill, Armor the tires, and that's it. Waxing is an important process to protect againt the elements, especially the sun. I know you have seen sun parched paint on cars. Once that starts, get ready for a new paint job. I try to wax my car at least twice a month.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
First off, don't be afraid to care for your vehicle's paint. There is plenty of info on the web that can show you what you need to know. Here is what I'm doing to my car this weekend.

1. Wash vehicle and dry with an "Absorber" synthetic chamois. I love the Absorber...it's easy to use and does a great job.

2. Clay bar my vehicle with a Clay Magic Kit which can be obtained at local auto parts stores. I've got some fallout and other contaminants and it needs a nice clay bar job on it. This is also easy to do and will make the paint as smooth as silk for my next steps.

3. Zaino Paint cleaner and swirl remover - This will be my next step...sort of like waxing but it will prep the paint and remove dirt and the light swirl marks that may be present. This is a pre-step before my wax.

4. Zaino Z2 pro Show Car Polish w/ ZFX Accelerator additive - I love the Show Car Polishes by Zaino and the addition of the accelerator will help harden the polish and give me a great wet shine. I will apply two coats...back to back.

5. Zaino Clear Seal - It takes very little of this stuff to really give your paint the "wet" look and I can use it on paint, glass, wheels, plastic and trim. This will seal my wax and really make that shine pop.

All of this seems excessive, but it will only take me about three hours. Three hours may seem like a lot if you don't do a lot of detailing, but I'll just park under a tree and turn on the radio and before you know it, I'm done. Plus my car will look great and really stand out with a glossy, deep shine.

I'll also do the wheels and tires and the wheel wells as well as wiping down the engine and vacuuming the interior and protecting the dash. Total time of all this - 4 hours. I'll be done at 1030AM. All of this is well worth it.

I use a lot of Zaino products because they are quality professional products. You can search on Zaino and buy direct. I have not seen any of their products in stores. They aren't cheap, but they really last and provide an awesome shine.

·
Registered
969 Posts
1. Use Turtle Wax Bug and tar (and Tree Sap) remover on the hard spots
2. Rinse the car thouroughly (To make sure all dirt comes off so It wont scratch)
3. Start with 2 buckets (Armor all car detial soap)
4. Clean each section thouroughly
5. Work the Rims (Use a tire brush to clean off everything) make sure you keep the water running even when soap is on the rims so the Sludge doesnt dry
6. Rinse 1 more time (get it wet)
7. Use a leather rag to clean (make sure it is damp)
8. Pull into the garage and start windows (inside and out)
9. Vaccume the interior
10. Smile when the work is compelet :lol:

·
Registered
331 Posts
My process and detailing kit:

1. Wash car using Duragloss 901 Wash using Sheepskin wash miit.
a. Wash from top down by section
b. Blot dry using Absorber and/or Microfiber Drying Towel. Going to try a fancy waffle weave soon.
c. Using MF detailing towel for final wipe.
d. Tires/wheels - use car wash on clean tires with tire brush. Eagle All Wheel and Tire for nasty wheels. Powerful stuff be careful on some wheels.

>> One bucket - no grit guard..yes, living dangerously

2. Clay (every 6 months). Used Meg's Clay Kit. Will buy a larger bar later.

3. Mothers Pre-Wax Cleaner using DA polisher (every 6 mo)

4. Mothers Reflections Car Wax using DA polisher (every 3 mo)

5. Mothers Reflections Top Coat using DA polisher (every 3 mo)

6. Dress Tires with Mother Reflections Tire Spray (not enough shine for most people but I like natural look). Spray foam applicator and apply to wheels, buff 5 min later

7. 303 Protectant (little added shine) every 2 months or so exterior / interior. Meg's Quick Interior Detailer in between on inside)

8. Exterior Detailer: Mothers Showtime - remove bugs, water spots, etc in between washes. Pre-wax Cleaner for subburn water spots.

9. Mothers Chrome Polish on chrome wheels, tailpipes

10. Stoners Invisi Glass Cleaner - clean windows with two MF towels (one spread, one dry)

11. Meg's Cleaner/Conditioner for top coated leather seats. Will switch to something else soon

Duragloss All Purpose Cleaner on wheel wells if needed.

Mothers Scratch Remover on scratches, scuffs

Yeah. I like Mothers. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts