FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting 1-3 emails per day informing me of linkbacks to every thread I've ever participated in! Pretty annoying!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Disable Linkback Emails How?

just disable email notifications.
I don't think you're the only person with this issue, but.. I just have the forum not send me emails lol.
Gets annoying and not that important anyways lol

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum
I too want to stop these, and have already been to the edit page you listed above. Hard for me to tell which boxes relate to these annoying messages.

Certainly not the Private Message alerts??? Please share specifically what to check or uncheck. I really can't tell.

Thanks for your help.

BTW..... What does this page do? I have ALL boxes unchecked here too.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/usertag.php?do=profile&action=options

·
FMV Admin
380 Posts
Hi,
Where it says "Default Thread Subscription Mode", select "No email notifications" in the drop down.

Tagging is used to tag someone's username in the post, those are the options to choose if you want to be notified when you are tagged.

Hope that helps,
-Marie, Community Support

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Hello there,

Just wanted to update on the situation. Is everything okay now?

Best regards,

Edward
It looks like the rate of link back requests has slowed, I checked early in the week and since then there have been about 275 new requests.

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Glad everything is okay. Please let us know if you are facing this situation again in the future.

Best regards,

Ed
The only linkback issue I'm aware of is on the Moderator Control Panel; if you click on "Moderate LinkBacks" you'll see 274 pages (25 requests per page) of linkback requests pending; I had them all cleaned out on 20-Sep-2017.

·
FMV Admin
380 Posts
The only linkback issue I'm aware of is on the Moderator Control Panel; if you click on "Moderate LinkBacks" you'll see 274 pages (25 requests per page) of linkback requests pending; I had them all cleaned out on 20-Sep-2017.
Hi,

This has went from 0-274 in this time?

Fergus

·
FMV Admin
380 Posts
Hey shipo,

To make sure I'm understanding this correctly, these 275 pgs of "moderated linkbacks" are essentially just the URLs of posts/threads that people are clicking to use as a link? Like simply copying/pasting the URL from the address would do the same minus all those moderated linkbacks you've been going through?

If my understanding of the situation is correct and if it's possible to remove this, would you agree with that so that this can be avoided in the future?

Thanks,
Nate

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Hey shipo,

To make sure I'm understanding this correctly, these 275 pgs of "moderated linkbacks" are essentially just the URLs of posts/threads that people are clicking to use as a link? Like simply copying/pasting the URL from the address would do the same minus all those moderated linkbacks you've been going through?

If my understanding of the situation is correct and if it's possible to remove this, would you agree with that so that this can be avoided in the future?

Thanks,
Nate
Hey Nate, I'm not entirely sure how the whole LinkBack thing works; when I first became a moderator there were over a thousand pages of requests and I gradually worked through them all until September when we had an explosion of requests. I would love to somehow automate the process or otherwise correct the situation as it seems the process is being abused by one or more members.

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
To be honest, Linkbacks are a feature I am unfamiliar with also. I can bring the techs in on this if you feel its an issue that requires more attention

Fergus
I'm not fully understanding the need for the LinkBacks or why and how the requests are generated. All I know for sure is there are times when the backlog of requests grow at a rather prodigious rate.

What is interesting is, I'm a Global Moderator on another AutoGuide.com forum which doesn't even have the Moderate LinkBack requests option. If that's an option for this site I'd be in favor of going that route.

Here's a quick update: the page count for outstanding requests has grown from 274 to 283 in the last 24 hours.

·
FMV Admin
380 Posts
Thanks for those details, shipo. I've alerted the techs and put in a request to see if this can be removed as it seems redundant. I'll update you when I get more info on this.

(Edit: ticket 2780085)

For now, leave the linkbacks requests as is so our techs can see the growing numbers.

Cheers,
Nate

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Thanks for those details, shipo. I've alerted the techs and put in a request to see if this can be removed as it seems redundant. I'll update you when I get more info on this.

For now, leave the linkbacks requests as is so our techs can see the growing numbers.

Cheers,
Nate
Thanks for your help Nate. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts